CBBC/Newsround Moving

Temporary set revealed, not sure where this is located:
twitter.com 

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 3 users Like Josh's post:
  • bkman1990, lepeterrr, Ma76

Wherever it is it looks very nice, slick and modern.
[-] The following 2 users Like lepeterrr's post:
  • bkman1990, Jayesyn

(17-12-2023, 05:19 PM)Flux Wrote:  From the lack of updates, is it possible CBBC just… doesn’t have a new set? With Children’s output slowly moving to a digital first model, will in vision presentation even be needed? CBBC is the only outlet where it still exists for kids. Newsround obviously needs a set as I assume it will still have a life online as a programme or regular updates, hence we at least know it’s moving to a temporary home, but is there a place for in vision continuity presenters without a linear channel?
Yeah, won't be surprised if they just use a green screen backdrop. Probably still need a desk though, else you'll be able to see Hacker and Dodge's puppeteers.
[-] The following 2 users Like JAS84's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

(17-12-2023, 10:23 PM)Josh Wrote:  Temporary set revealed, not sure where this is located:
twitter.com 

It’s very 2000s! Takes me back to my childhood

Just had a brief look and CBBC is running pre-recorded generic continuity this afternoon. Not sure if they'll also have a temporary studio running as I'm not sure how long this 'outage' will be.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

(18-12-2023, 06:51 PM)Josh Wrote:  Just had a brief look and CBBC is running pre-recorded generic continuity this afternoon. Not sure if they'll also have a temporary studio running as I'm not sure how long this 'outage' will be.

CBBC has been doing that since at least September. Continuity is usually live on Fridays.

Meanwhile the new Newsround set is located within the CBeebies House set in HQ6. www.tiktok.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like Chad Blake's post:
  • AndrewP, fanoftv, Josh, RhysJR

Is that the first live broadcast from HQ6? I think CBeebies is all pre-recorded?

(19-12-2023, 03:26 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Is that the first live broadcast from HQ6? I think CBeebies is all pre-recorded?

CBeebies is all pre-rec'd. On more than one occasion, Evie has been seen in-vision on CBeebies and on CBBC at the same time (obviously live on the latter).

Worth noting as well with CBBC is that their live Saturday Mashup show was moved with some ceremony to Glasgow a while back, so the only CBBC productions left in Salford are Blue Peter and the presentation, neither of which are necessarily live, so there could be some timesharing there too if need be.

I’m fairly sure there has been live CBeebies content in recent years.

Don’t ask me why or when (helpful) but sure I remember them making a fuss of being live one morning to launch something.

Maybe one of their pantos or shows or similar