CBBC/Newsround Moving

It’s Live & Kicking all over again Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes DeMarkay's post:
  • watchingtv

(20-12-2023, 03:40 PM)GraemeT88 Wrote:  I’m fairly sure there has been live CBeebies content in recent years.

Don’t ask me why or when (helpful) but sure I remember them making a fuss of being live one morning to launch something.

Maybe one of their pantos or shows or similar

I’m certain CBeebies used to be live on Fridays until maybe a year ago when CBBC started to use more and more pre-recorded continuity and share presenters which led to the mess we have now.

I assume it’s just cost cutting and also, to an extent, part of a natural wind-down of CBBC given the BBC’s stated intent to close the channel soon. Clearly, with some kind of scale-back in the status quo almost certain (even if the channel isn’t closed fully and morphs into an online service) they are not going to be bringing on loads of news presenters, so sharing makes sense.

It doesn't look like a mammoth task to remove/put up the set when needed, looks to be just some LED panels and a pouffe.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 2 users Like Josh's post:
  • DeMarkay, interestednovice

(20-12-2023, 06:08 PM)interestednovice Wrote:  I assume it’s just cost cutting and also, to an extent, part of a natural wind-down of CBBC given the BBC’s stated intent to close the channel soon. Clearly, with some kind of scale-back in the status quo almost certain (even if the channel isn’t closed fully and morphs into an online service) they are not going to be bringing on loads of news presenters, so sharing makes sense.

There was a (golden!) time when they only had one main presenter - Ed Petrie, with Oucho the Cactus; who were followed by Iain and Hacker in the same vein. There were weekend covers but they were never really considered “main” hosts in the same way and (if I recall) were always pre recorded in batch. Personally, I always preferred that and felt they had too many presenters at one point - as if they were scared to replace Iain as Hacker’s straight man. IMO They should have returned to the stripped back setup, allocating one core host, especially with the channel winding down.

I do wonder if and how they’ll keep an element of pres alive when the channel ceases to be. My guess is that Hacker will remain the face of CBBC just with a larger online presence of some sort…?

(20-12-2023, 06:01 PM)Hybrid Wrote:  I’m certain CBeebies used to be live on Fridays until maybe a year ago when CBBC started to use more and more pre-recorded continuity and share presenters which led to the mess we have now.

All CBeebies links are pre-recs unless stated otherwise iirc. CBBC switched to (almost) all pre-recs some time in late summer or early fall.

Also it seems as if CBBC is not live today. That probably means they're either on Christmas break or they've wrapped up and are putting out their remaining pre-recs.

(22-12-2023, 07:20 PM)chadblake4785@gmail.com Wrote:  All CBeebies links are pre-recs unless stated otherwise iirc. CBBC switched to (almost) all pre-recs some time in late summer or early fall.

Also it seems as if CBBC is not live today. That probably means they're either on Christmas break or they've wrapped up and are putting out their remaining pre-recs.

Pretty much all links on the Christmas period to my knowledge are pre-recorded.

They did show some pre-recorded links a day or two before the rebrand on CBBC as well, and CBeebies tends to repeat their pre-recorded links every now and then and only go live on like one day in the year, usually near Christmas, which I don't think they have for the last year or two.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LouBlu08's post:
  • Superman1986

It's Friday again and no live links. Still pre-recs. That means no live links until next year (no links on weekends). Still no clue where CBBC is moving to. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last day we see anything from the HQ5 studio even if it's just pre-recs.

Confirmed: the new CBBC "studio" is the small area in the CBeebies set used for chroma key. Time to party like it's 2006?
www.instagram.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like Chad Blake's post:
  • fanoftv, LouBlu08, RhysJR, UTVLifer

The only thing that's comfirmed is that they did one piece in front of the green screen in the CBeebies studio. It's certainly not confirmed how permanant that arrangement is.
[-] The following 5 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, Flux, Jayesyn, Ma76, Stuart