Jeopardy

(02-01-2024, 03:48 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Speaking of other Joapordy appearances on TV shows

i.ytimg.com 
preview.redd.it 

I wonder if our version operates on those rules 🤣
Contestant ended up on a minus amount due to a wrong answer, so yes, that part can happen - Marge just kept getting her questions wrong, the only joke there was Marge actually owing the studio the money.

They just advertised an app called Jeopardy! World Tour in the ad break. Presumably it's existed for a while in the US, but was hard to market here until now.

(02-01-2024, 05:06 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  They just advertised an app called Jeopardy! World Tour in the ad break. Presumably it's existed for a while in the US, but was hard to market here until now.

I suspect the same will happen with future versions of the various Wheel of Fortune videogames - getting UK and Aus editions

Steph on tonight’s show was one of The National Lottery People’s Quiz finalists along with the Chaser Mark Labett and Chase question writer and current Egghead Olav Bjortomt.
[-] The following 3 users Like Jon's post:
  • bilky asko, DE88, Nobby

Let's Make a Deal is one show I'm surprised has never been revived in the UK. It was done years ago under a different name but given Fremantle's other formats have appeared in the UK, it would worth a punt.

It does seem a little pedestrian, the TVS version was a lot faster paced

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • DE88

This is today's questions from the US version. One of the categories was about Charles III. I see only 10 out of 30 questions were played on Double Jeopardy. That means a UK episode gets through more than double the number of questions than the US one. They don't run out of time on our version, even with us playing an extra round!
www.j-archive.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JAS84's post:
  • Brekkie

That extra round is the problem. When it's a format as dry as Jeopardy it needs to be pacy. The US and the old TVS version are a much better watch.

By todays standard though 91 questions in an hour is quite pacey - it's the production that makes it feels slow. Probably fair to compare like with like so Eggheads gets through at most 24 questions in a commercial half hour on C5 now (4 rounds of 2x3 questions) so Jeopardy is almost hitting twice as many questions as that.

If the US version often cuts rounds short for time and fails to hit the maximum of 61 questions the pacing probably works out about the same.

(02-01-2024, 06:07 PM)Jon Wrote:  Steph on tonight’s show was one of The National Lottery People’s Quiz finalists along with the Chaser Mark Labett and Chase question writer and current Egghead Olav Bjortomt.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a few people who been on other gameshows in the past appear on Jeopardy!
[-] The following 2 users Like XIII's post:
  • bilky asko, DE88

I suspect it's a show the regulars of the higher brow gameshows would very much be aware of and very much like to be a part of.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • bilky asko, DE88