Wheel of Fortune

(03-02-2024, 07:14 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Sunday traditions: “Making a Fancy Breakfast”

"Making a Fatty Breakfast" probably more likely this side of the Atlantic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • Nige

(03-02-2024, 07:14 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Sunday traditions: “Making a Fancy Breakfast”

It seems to be getting worse as the series goes on.
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • Nige

(03-02-2024, 08:00 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  "Making a Fatty Breakfast" probably more likely this side of the Atlantic.

"Making a farty breakfast" with all the beans Tongue
[-] The following 2 users Like James2001's post:
  • Brekkie, DE88

I'm kind of glad there is no letter turner who has to suffer the indignity of standing next to these supposed phrases.
[-] The following 4 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • DE88, James2001, Nige, TJTSW

Talking of Sunday Traditions, the repeat is back on Sunday but despite them skipping it last week, they are repeating the episode from Saturday rather than the one they missed last week and the repeat run being one episode behind.

The important thing to note is that for the first time, Graham Norton did not say his "The Masked Singer is on next" catchphrase at the end of the episode on Saturday. This means there is no point watching the Sunday repeat to see if he says it, because he won't.

I wonder if the schedule wasn't known at the time of recording/editing due to the Rugby football that ITV have rights to. I suppose it's also possible they thought it would have been demoted to 3PM by episode 5.

(04-02-2024, 12:11 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  I'm kind of glad there is no letter turner who has to suffer the indignity of standing next to these supposed phrases.

Graham himself seems to be cringing at some of them. He was probably expecting something like the STV version when he signed up.
[-] The following 2 users Like James2001's post:
  • DE88, TJTSW

Has there ever been an Irish version, and similar question for the other classic gameshow formats too?

I think they did Millionaire.

(04-02-2024, 02:28 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Has there ever been an Irish version, and similar question for the other classic gameshow formats too?

I think they did Millionaire.
There was a Gay Bryne hosted Millionaire, they had one of their regular football pundits do their version of The Weakest Link and of course they had single weekly National Lottery backed run of Deal or No Deal. Don’t think any of them have lasted very long.

They’ve also had their own version of Family Fortunes.

There is probably one or two others. I doubt they’ve done Wheel of Fortune, but they do/did spin a Wheel on that Lottery backed show ‘Winning Streak’, I think.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jon's post:
  • Brekkie

Just searched them out - the Family Fortunes is awful but their Deal or No Deal seems pretty decent. The choice of hosts makes all the difference.

Still unbelieveable until his recent Amazon show that Graham hadn't hosted any Irish show.

I guess he's happy and busy enough with his UK career.

Has Graham actually done anything for Irish TV? Presenting or acting.