Wheel of Fortune

(04-02-2024, 11:18 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  Has Graham decided he wants a new kitchen or something? He’s hardly done anything new on the telly in quite a few years and then along comes WoF and that Amazon show within 2 months!

TV just seems to work like that then people moan they present everything when really their first new projects in a few years just happen to land in close succession. These were also just a weeks work - I imagine Wheel was filmed over 4 days at most and Last One Laughing was a single day shoot.

Like all celebrities now he is an author too and did have one of his books made into an ITV drama a couple of years ago.
[-] The following 3 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • Ash101, callumwatchestelly, Nobby

(04-02-2024, 11:18 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  Has Graham decided he wants a new kitchen or something? He’s hardly done anything new on the telly in quite a few years and then along comes WoF and that Amazon show within 2 months!

He’s done quite a lot over the last few years aligned with World of Wonder/RuPaul. Obviously Drag Race UK and its various spinoffs but also Queen of the Universe, which was axed last year so I assume that’s freed up some space in the schedule.

(28-01-2024, 03:14 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Indeed I'm surprised these Quizmania style answers get past the adjudicators.

Let me know when a clue pops up saying "things in my handbag" and the contestant has to buy vowels to reveal the answer is "Balaclava and Rawlplugs".
[-] The following 6 users Like Larry the Loafer's post:
  • Brekkie, DE88, Happy2001, James2001, Jamesypoo, TVFan

Something that we missed. On January 31st, Graham introduced the USA version of the show as part of their "Wheel Around The World" week.

Sorry for the awful quality.

www.youtube.com 

Catch me on:
Andover Radio: Weekdays from 7am-10am
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-10am
[-] The following 3 users Like Rob Francis's post:
  • bax, Happy2001, TVFan

Should have got Nicky Campbell instead. Especially in his Dippy Egg costume. Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • Tim G

I wonder if our version of the show will end up airing in the US? Maybe on Game Show Network, which is the US equivalent of Challenge (Sony co-owns GSN with Warner Bros Discovery).

I'm not sure if they air UK versions of shows. I don't think there is any value to a US broadcaster of an 8 episode UK series.

(14-02-2024, 10:28 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I'm not sure if they air UK versions of shows. I don't think there is any value to a US broadcaster of an 8 episode UK series.

Also they have a problem airing one hour British shows, which has less advertising and more content than the typical US one hour show, so doesn't make them wanting to air British game shows.

MOTOR_A_ SERVICE STATION

The contestant asks, Is there a P?

x.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like Andrew's post:
  • AJB39, callumwatchestelly, JAS84, Nige

More people interested in Little Chef than the spiel of Norton.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tellyblues's post:
  • WillPS