Wheel of Fortune

(17-02-2024, 07:44 PM)Andrew Wrote:  MOTOR_A_ SERVICE STATION

The contestant asks, Is there a P?

x.com 
I actually thought she was just building up more money before guessing... and then she asked for a P when she should've asked for W or Y, thus showing she hadn't worked out the by that point obvious answer. She must be wishing a bankrupt or lose a turn had come up, which would've spared her the embarrassment!

Next week it's celebs. Let's hope nobody is left similarly red faced.

"Milennials will love them"...

The clues really aren't getting any better, are they?

Not to mention the solution was the ridiculously tiresome millenials eat avacoadoes meme that nobody born after 1965 ever found amusing.

Come on, everyone has one apparently, so what's your favourite motorway service station?

I can understand using "motorway service station" as a puzzle, but surely they could have came up with a better "clue" than that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rick's post:
  • Transmission

On the old version they'd just have given "place" or "location" as a clue to something like that. Much simpler, much better.
[-] The following 2 users Like James2001's post:
  • Brekkie, rick

(19-02-2024, 11:09 AM)rick Wrote:  Come on, everyone has one apparently, so what's your favourite motorway service station?

I can understand using "motorway service station" as a puzzle, but surely they could have came up with a better "clue" than that.

I think that it's fair. I can recall discussing this in the context of long journies multiple times before, pretty sure I wasn't always the person to bring it up either.

(The correct answer is Forton or Hilton Park, obviously.)

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes WillPS's post:
  • eyeTV

(19-02-2024, 01:29 PM)WillPS Wrote:  I think that it's fair. I can recall discussing this in the context of long journies multiple times before, pretty sure I wasn't always the person to bring it up either.

(The correct answer is Forton or Hilton Park, obviously.)

Come on, how can you forget Tebay?

Maybe because the US version is daily they've got to the point of pushing the boat out on some puzzles and it won't matter because there's always tomorrow, but to have this on a once a week, primetime Saturday night show which shouldn't even have begun to run out of answers is unforgivable. But it's in the US version, so ITV think it's fine.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tellyblues's post:
  • TVFan

The John Leslie version was on producing new episodes daily for over 2 years straight and never seemed to run out of sensible clues and answers and resorting to this sort of nonsense.
[-] The following 2 users Like James2001's post:
  • DE88, TJTSW

Almost laughed out loud when Graham told Michelle Visage that the puzzled were going to be very British considering how embarrasingly Americanised this version of the show is.
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • bilky asko

And one of the quick rounds was British and American words for the same thing. Toilet and Restroom being one of them.