Wheel of Fortune

Rather like this. Graham is as excellent a host as you’d expect.
[-] The following 3 users Like all new phil's post:
  • bkman1990, Brekkie, callumwatchestelly

The constant “woooooooah” and applause from the audience is driving me crazy. So much so I’ve had to switch over.

Graham seemed competent at least. But once again like with most of these resurrected gameshows… it seems extremely dragged out for it to stretch an hour.
[-] The following 3 users Like RDJ's post:
  • DE88, Nige, Reith85

New theme tune, no assistant turning the letters, no £1,000 on the wheel and no prize for solving each puzzle, apart from that, I like it 😂
[-] The following 2 users Like KOWT76's post:
  • bkman1990, callumwatchestelly

Personally, I think making the programme available with audio description was a smart move for ITV, particularly as it mentions how many words are on the board, but I still think an assistant (i.e. a former Drag Race UK contestant) to reveal the puzzles would've made a difference.

I’m quite liking it so far, but my little issue is that there’s no description for each letter ie ‘D for’ and so on.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gary McEwan's post:
  • KOWT76

The American Theme tune is so weak compared to the previous British Theme Tune.
[-] The following 6 users Like Gordonthegopher's post:
  • DE88, DJ Dave, fanoftv, Ma76, Nige, Trafford Wharf Road

I’m presuming the theme, sound effects and all the little extra games are taken directly from the American version?

Graham is good but a huge mistake basing it on the US version rather than updating our version.

The music is weak, the categories too random, too much time spent on games not using the wheel, which IMO pay out too much in relation to what can be won in regular rounds, and worst of all in the final round (replicated as a midgame bonus round) assumes we're as dumb as the Americans. 5 consonants and 1 vowel was enough.
[-] The following 8 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • DE88, DJ Dave, fanoftv, Gary Baldy, Ma76, Nige, Reith85, Transmission

(06-01-2024, 07:31 PM)Andrew Wrote:  I’m presuming the theme, sound effects and all the little extra games are taken directly from the American version?

It's basically a lift and shift from the US but drawn out for an hour.

I wonder though if ABC and/or the production companies involved are now stipulating that it must be an almost like for like copy of what's produced in the US?

(06-01-2024, 07:18 PM)KOWT76 Wrote:  New theme tune, no assistant turning the letters, no £1,000 on the wheel and no prize for solving each puzzle, apart from that, I like it 😂
They've reverted any changes that were made for the original UK version, I'd guess. And as I said before, the assistant job is redundant, the US version only kept theirs because they don't want to fire her.