Hits Radio Rebrand Rollout

(26-03-2024, 04:42 PM)Josh Wrote:  Not sure if this has already been announced but excluding Pirate FM and Wave 105, the roll-out happens on 17 April (Wednesday). Pre-roll trails now airing on Rayo on Amazon Alexa.

We’ve got to wait that long? I only listen to TFM(Metro) in the morning on the way to work and back home again and I’m sick of hearing “Hits Radio is coming to the North East”. It’s between every song now. You’d have thought it was coming next week! 😫 Plus it’s a strange day to do a rebrand, half way through the month on a Wednesday? Guess it’s to tie in with Gemma Atkinson returning from her maternity leave as I think she’s due back around then.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mrarg1393's post:
  • DJ Dave

Yeah I have noticed every link now on City is "the new home of Leanne and Joel" or we are having a makeover is a new one this week.

They just confirmed the 17th as the switch over on the Pirate FM breakfast show.

Very much stressing the local content will remain…I assume only during the breakfast show!

(28-03-2024, 08:21 AM)Daveuk Wrote:  They just confirmed the 17th as the switch over on the Pirate FM breakfast show.

Very much stressing the local content will remain…I assume only during the breakfast show!
Seems they're promoting it as changing to Hits and the breakfast show staying.... but not that it's leaving FM. Presumably at some point they'll start promoting tbe arrival of GHR?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stooky Bill's post:
  • fusionlad

(27-03-2024, 11:48 PM)mrarg1393 Wrote:  We’ve got to wait that long? I only listen to TFM(Metro) in the morning on the way to work and back home again and I’m sick of hearing “Hits Radio is coming to the North East”. It’s between every song now. You’d have thought it was coming next week! 😫 Plus it’s a strange day to do a rebrand, half way through the month on a Wednesday? Guess it’s to tie in with Gemma Atkinson returning from her maternity leave as I think she’s due back around then.
I'm not a regular listener, but we've had Metro on in the office recently so I can empathise.

I was surprised how often the voice tracked references to the soon-to-be retired heritage name are still being used.

I wouldn't be surprised if after Easter they enter a stricter transitional phase where this stops and the station is essentially nameless until Hits officially starts.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jonny's post:
  • mrarg1393

(26-03-2024, 08:54 PM)BBI45 Wrote:  Here is the full report:

1drv.ms 

the brief clip at the end of the late John Myers launching Century 105 is from this 1999 documentary, which I'm sure some people here will enjoy:
www.youtube.com 

(parts 2 and 3 can be found here: www.youtube.com  )
[-] The following 2 users Like thegeek's post:
  • lookoutwales, Spencer

[Post deleted - meant to post in Ken Bruce/GHR thread]

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Josh's post:
  • BBI45

Wish I had put a fiver on that now!

Very dignified and deserved farewell.

Bit surprised they haven’t flipped straight over to Crane / GHR etc.

(28-03-2024, 08:28 AM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  Seems they're promoting it as changing to Hits and the breakfast show staying.... but not that it's leaving FM. Presumably at some point they'll start promoting tbe arrival of GHR?

All the promos don't seem to mention the fact that the station they're promoting will actually be on DAB.

There's going to be some confused listeners it seems when the Pirate FM frequency becomes Greatest Hits Radio.

Plus they'll know nothing about GHR, as all the promotions are for The Hits. I just don't get it.
[-] The following 3 users Like fusionlad's post:
  • AndrewP, Daveuk, IanJRedman

(28-03-2024, 11:14 PM)fusionlad Wrote:  All the promos don't seem to mention the fact that the station they're promoting will actually be on DAB.

There's going to be some confused listeners it seems when the Pirate FM frequency becomes Greatest Hits Radio.

Plus they'll know nothing about GHR, as all the promotions are for The Hits. I just don't get it.

That's because the breakfast show team are joining Hits Radio.

Currently on DAB only, GHR Cornwall gets a respectable 46k reach compared to Pirate FM 122k. It will be interesting to see how those figures change if at all, when GHR takes over the FM frequency, and what the new Hits Radio Cornwall gets.