BBC sell Elstree site

Yes I am confusing Studioworks and Studios! Of course yes you're right.

I get them mixed up as Studios is what was BBC Worldwide and is based at TV Centre... but aren't involved in the actual studios!

Always think naming production companies studios is silly anyway
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stooky Bill's post:
  • Ma76

(18-01-2024, 06:01 PM)Earlie37 Wrote:  I believe Holby is a bit like EastEnders in that their sets weren't in any spaces which were originally designed to be studios. I think they were mostly built within the office area (aka what used to look suspiciously like Grange Hill in the early 90s Big Grin ). This is also called Neptune House. I think most of these were put on the top floor so they could get the best views for window shots on the wards.

I remember as a kid going on an open day the BBC held in Elstree, going around Albert Square and everyone getting photos with Dot Cotton and so on. One distinct memory I have was going from the Grange Hill playground, through one of the doors into the 'school' and ending up in the Newsroom South East newsroom!
[-] The following 3 users Like Transmission's post:
  • DE88, Ma76, Spencer

I went into the Newsroom Southeast studio/newsroom once and it was very odd seeing NHS style signage outside the windows.

As someone who never watched Holby and is of a certain age that building (Neptune House) will always be Grange Hill to me
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stooky Bill's post:
  • Ma76