Good Morning Britain

(28-04-2024, 11:37 PM)Stuart Wrote:  Aside from the change to a considerably larger studio location from 2018, and constant tinkering with the set, are you now asking for weekly changes? Confused

I don’t think the poster was suggesting that at all, frankly. The program’s overall look has changed fairly infrequently in the last few years, and giving it a spruce up certainly wouldn’t hurt.

In terms of the studio, the huge curved screen has been on its way out for a while, one of the screens in the sofa area has a huge red line through it, the backdrop itself looks pretty washed out - all things you would expect in a set that’s 6 years old. It’s not exactly unreasonable to suggest they are due a refreshed set.

I personally find the most recent set of graphics really inferior to what came before. Dropping the ‘teardrop’ logo, bar in a handful of places, seems like a mistake, and the Sky News style graphics are enormous yet manage to tell you very little.

The different brand identities along the way have created quite a muddled overall look IMO, so a more uniform refreshed look certainly wouldn’t hurt.
[-] The following 11 users Like AaronTV's post:
  • 030293, callumwatchestelly, DJ Dave, eyeTV, interestednovice, Jayesyn, Lester, matthieu1221, Spencer, TJTSW, turbolazer

Sitting Duck have posted a highlights reel of their decade doing the themes for GMB

x.com 
[-] The following 8 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • DJ Dave, fanoftv, interestednovice, Jayesyn, matthieu1221, RhysJR, Spencer, TJTSW

Susanna and Ed tomorrow for the local results - I think it’s probably a safe bet that they will be the pairing for the General Election results when we get there.

Interestingly GMB have also deviated from the ITV News election graphics and have their own look, which is a first I believe (it’s nothing all that inspiring unfortunately).
[-] The following 1 user Likes AaronTV's post:
  • UTVLifer

The only example I can find of their election graphics is this, which is pretty much the same as ITV News

x.com 

If you're a fan of 3 and half minute TOTHs, you're in luck!

youtu.be 

It's interesting to see how they've incorporated the results counter into the graphics, especially with the right section that only fades on when the story strap in brought on screen. Though overall the Vote 2024 graphics are nice enough, a small rejig of the ITV News election cube, and the gradient looks nice enough to me.
[-] The following 3 users Like PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • DeMarkay, RhysJR, Richard H

(03-05-2024, 11:49 AM)PATV Scunthorpe Wrote:  If you're a fan of 3 and half minute TOTHs, you're in luck!

youtu.be 

It's interesting to see how they've incorporated the results counter into the graphics, especially with the right section that only fades on when the story strap in brought on screen. Though overall the Vote 2024 graphics are nice enough, a small rejig of the ITV News election cube, and the gradient looks nice enough to me.

Gosh, that really did drag on!
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • UTVLifer

Taking 3 and a half minutes to get to the 6am titles must be a new record for GMB