Michael McIntyre's Big Show

(11-02-2024, 09:26 AM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  We were wondering how you actually 'send to all' on WhatsApp

Sorry to go off topic but you do a "Broadcast" which sends the same message to all recipients, although you have to select the recipients from a list there is nothing stopping you from going down the list and selecting them all.
[-] The following 2 users Like dvboy's post:
  • RhysJR, Tim G

The screen shown during the responses is clearly just a fake WhatsApp as it always shows the blue ticks as if absolutely everyone has read the message which I imagine the odds of doing so are incredibly low!

(11-02-2024, 11:09 AM)scottishtv Wrote:  I took Michael's initial look of confusion and question to be more like "What's this thing and why aren't you 'normal' (ie. owning an iPhone like everyone else)?".

Most people don't own iphones...
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • scottishtv

(11-02-2024, 06:01 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Most people don't own iphones...

I was an iPhone user until 2002 until i tried an Android system. People go nuts when I show them the eraser tool on my Google Pixel when editing photo's.

I skipped through the episode last night and having watched the phone discussion bit missed the reference to the brand, so if it was there it could probably have easily been edited out.

I still can't quite make up my mind on this show - the individual parts are all quite watchable but think I just find Michael McIntyre a bit too much all in one go. A shame to see the Unexpected Star go down the same route as Midnight Gameshow too and switch to using celebs. It makes sense for the Midnight Gameshow but think it undermines one of the shows strongest parts with the Unexpected Star Star.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • fanoftv

(11-02-2024, 06:15 PM)JasonB Wrote:  I was an iPhone user until 2002 until i tried an Android system.
FYI ... iPhone was launched on 29th June 2007, and Android was introduced over a year later on 23rd September 2008.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheGregmeister's post:
  • JasonB

(11-02-2024, 07:51 PM)TheGregmeister Wrote:  FYI ... iPhone was launched on 29th June 2007, and Android was introduced over a year later on 23rd September 2008.

The iPhone was in use by Cisco long before that, have you ever looked closely at Apple T&Cs?
www.cultofmac.com 

IOS is also the operating system used by Cisco routers and switches.

(11-02-2024, 08:16 PM)cable Wrote:  The iPhone was in use by Cisco long before that, have you ever looked closely at Apple T&Cs?
www.cultofmac.com 

IOS is also the operating system used by Cisco routers and switches.

What we currently know as iPhone, as in the range of smartphones from Apple, was launched on 29th June 2007, regardless of whatever previously used that product name.

(11-02-2024, 07:51 PM)TheGregmeister Wrote:  FYI ... iPhone was launched on 29th June 2007, and Android was introduced over a year later on 23rd September 2008.

Whoops a typo Wink Was meant to say 2022.

Great, now i can't edit it.

(11-02-2024, 06:01 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Most people don't own iphones...
I realise that. As a Pixel owner, I was surprised by McIntyre's reaction to seeing one.

(11-02-2024, 06:22 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I still can't quite make up my mind on this show - the individual parts are all quite watchable but think I just find Michael McIntyre a bit too much all in one go.
Someone else in my household likes it, but I find it a slog to watch. The Send to All thing has a lot of chat/setup for not-that-funny results. The Midnight Gameshow feels like it lasts too long as well. That leaves the Unexpected Star, which is nice when it's a deserving viewer but again there's a lot of chat with family, explaining the set up, then the contrived bit to get them into the theatre, all for about a minute of shock/surprise.