The Apprentice

In the words of Lord Sugar himself in a recent interview

“If it’s not broke, don’t fix it,” he told us. “So many TV programmes have gone to pot when people interfere and come in and mess with the format. If it's not broke, you don't fix it.”

It'll be interesting to see what happens after Series 20 as he has mentioned that is probably the nice round number he would probably step down from it

It does seem as if the 'temporary' replacement of Claude as an advisor with Tim has become a permanent thing though

Claude has had a few health issues so he'd bowed out on his own accord. Tim is a solid replacement and actually having someone who's been in the candidates shoes helps somewhat.
[-] The following 1 user Likes XIII's post:
  • DeMarkay

Karen would make a great replacement if Lord Sugar stepped down. That would be a good time to change the format a bit too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Alessi's post:
  • DeMarkay

(19-02-2024, 09:26 AM)Alessi Wrote:  Karen would make a great replacement if Lord Sugar stepped down. That would be a good time to change the format a bit too.
As she once snapped in one of the interview grilling episodes "It's Baroness Brady to you, only my friends get to call me Karren". Tongue

Yes, she would be very good as a replacement host. Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Stuart's post:
  • AJB39, Alessi, AndrewP, JosiahStuart

(19-02-2024, 01:22 AM)XIII Wrote:  Claude has had a few health issues so he'd bowed out on his own accord. Tim is a solid replacement and actually having someone who's been in the candidates shoes helps somewhat.

Are the former series up on iPlayer - be interesting to see if the first series is as laughable as they are now.

Not on iPlayer but I remember the first couple of series were available on SeeSaw - does anyone remember that?!

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]

(20-02-2024, 10:31 AM)VMPhil Wrote:  Not on iPlayer but I remember the first couple of series were available on SeeSaw - does anyone remember that?!

The second series also streamed online in a proto-iPlayer style via the BBC Two website.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com

(20-02-2024, 09:48 AM)Stuart Wrote:  As she once snapped in one of the interview grilling episodes "It's Baroness Brady to you, only my friends get to call me Karren". Tongue

I can hear the closing voiceover now, 'Baroness Brady's search for her next Apprentice continues..."
[-] The following 4 users Like Alessi's post:
  • AndrewP, DeMarkay, JosiahStuart, Stuart

(20-02-2024, 09:48 AM)Stuart Wrote:  As she once snapped in one of the interview grilling episodes "It's Baroness Brady to you, only my friends get to call me Karren". Tongue

Problem is that she doesn't exactly fit the role in terms of her business background. It's always been to do with entrepreneurs starting businesses. That's what Alan did, but Karren went into business in a very different way - starting in media sales and then working her way up. It's very different to how Lord Sugar, or even Trump in the original, portray themselves

Nor does she have the wealth of Surallan, she's well off but no where near the same amount of money floating around to invest in the winner.

But yes she'd be great in the role if those format points were worked out

The one memorable line mentioned above is the exception that proves the rule she wouldn’t be very good.

I was quite impressed when I saw Emma Grede, who I’d never heard of before, on Dragon’s Den, I think she’d be a good choice.