The Apprentice

(20-02-2024, 09:13 PM)Jon Wrote:  It probably wouldn’t last very long then. Like Peter Jones another person who isn’t that interesting.

Don't you think you should add 'in my opinion' to your posts?

(21-02-2024, 06:47 PM)Alessi Wrote:  Don't you think you should add 'in my opinion' to your posts?

No need, it's obvious in the context of the discussion; it wasn't presented as though it were fact.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com
[-] The following 6 users Like WillPS's post:
  • AndrewP, bilky asko, Brekkie, ethanjbrady, Jon, strollfan

(21-02-2024, 07:04 PM)WillPS Wrote:  No need, it's obvious in the context of the discussion; it wasn't presented as though it were fact.

Yes but it makes for rather dull discussion. Others give context to their point and their reasons for suggesting Steven. 'Not interesting' is a rather bland statement in itself. Anyway, onwards with the topic....

Was it Peter Jones or Duncan Bannatyne who had a rip off version on ITV?

(21-02-2024, 07:09 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Was it Peter Jones or Duncan Bannatyne who had a rip off version on ITV?

Peter Jones with Tycoon.

I wonder if the BBC and Fremantle would look at Richard Branson? The issue with him is that he does have an image he doesn't want to break but he's also as old as Lord Sugar.

My wildcard choice would be Ben Francis who is a successful entrepreneur although he's only 31 like Steven Bartlett.

(21-02-2024, 07:09 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Was it Peter Jones or Duncan Bannatyne who had a rip off version on ITV?
Peter Jones had Tycoon which was based on the format American Inventor from him and Cowell. Bannatyne was on a ITV rip off their own show at the time Dragon’s Den where people asked for money for certain things rather than investments.

I'd be very surprised if Richard Branson wasn't propositioned for the job 20 years ago. He did that awful Rebel Billionaire format, which was like a cross between The Apprentice and Fear Factor. Other than being daft, the only thing I remember of that series was that when it aired on ITV2 they managed to book out a whole advert break with Virgin branded products and services.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com

Branson had a show in the US that was very similar to The Apprentice - The Rebel Billionaire: Branson's Quest for the Best, which apparently got an airing over here on ITV2, but it only lasted one season.

There were names asked before Alan Sugar agreed to take on the role - including Felix Dennis apparently (of Dennis Publishing, which ultimately ended up in the hands of Future Publishing after his passing) and Philip Green. I'm sure there were others...

(21-02-2024, 10:07 PM)WillPS Wrote:  I'd be very surprised if Richard Branson wasn't propositioned for the job 20 years ago. He did that awful Rebel Billionaire format, which was like a cross between The Apprentice and Fear Factor. Other than being daft, the only thing I remember of that series was that when it aired on ITV2 they managed to book out a whole advert break with Virgin branded products and services.

(21-02-2024, 10:38 PM)Neil Jones Wrote:  Branson had a show in the US that was very similar to The Apprentice - The Rebel Billionaire: Branson's Quest for the Best, which apparently got an airing over here on ITV2, but it only lasted one season.

There were names asked before Alan Sugar agreed to take on the role - including Felix Dennis apparently (of Dennis Publishing, which ultimately ended up in the hands of Future Publishing after his passing) and Philip Green. I'm sure there were others...

I've just had a look at Sugar's autobiography again and he says they were looking at him, Philip Green, and Stelios Haji-Ioannou, but not Branson due to him appearing in The Rebel Billionaire. Sugar callled Green who said he wasn't interested.

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]
[-] The following 3 users Like VMPhil's post:
  • AndrewP, RhysJR, WillPS

Lucky escape there really given the controversy that followed.