TV Predictions for 2024

TV Presentation forum staple now in its fifth year!

Place your bets please, what are we going to predict will happen next year? From my post last year - "The TV Predictions are only a bit of fun, they're almost always going to be wrong to a large extent. Don't think we need to be debunking them unless they were totally ridiculous in the first place and/or were never going to happen without the help of a flux capacitor to alter the timeline... "

For reference, here's the 2023 Thread:
pres.cafe 

For further reference, here's the 2022 Thread on the purple place:
www.tvliveforum.com 

And from the blue place, here's the 2021 thread, which has links to previous predictions for 2020 and earlier:
www.tvforum.co.uk 

My TVS prediction from last year didn't happen (but then it was a silly one and was never going to happen), neither did anything else of what I predicted.

For 2024, I predict:
TVS archive paperwork found on the moon Wink
[-] The following 2 users Like Neil Jones's post:
  • Stuart, Superman1986

(27-12-2022, 10:36 PM)all new phil Wrote:  Honestly don’t think much will happen this year. I think BBC News will still look broadly the same (I’m still not convinced this “rebrand” is happening) and ITV News might get a bit of a tweak. Maybe a Channel 4 refresh.
I think my predictions of not much happening were pretty spot on! No ITV News tweak obvs.

For 2024:

I think we’ll see the first Sky channel break ranks with branding. Maybe Atlantic. They’ve stayed consistent longer than I think they’ve ever managed before.

BBC News take a punt on Piers Morgan to host election night and end up signing him for the 10.

More NBC and Sky News overlap including NBC branding appearing here at certain times, leading to speculation of a name change in the UK that never actually happens.

BBC 3, 4 and CBBC all close. Replaced with equivalents of FAST channels. UK opts on BBC News channel shifted to the same system with red button prompts, whilst channel sticks to international focus.

GB News is going nowhere. Talk TV will close suddenly.

In 2024 (this is all mostly news related):

- Expecting Sky News to overtake BBC News in ratings

- Channel 4 News to get a small refresh

- ITV News to get a major rebrand (because anything's possible)

- I do think BBC News will get the long anticipated refresh, but not until late next year + agree with the other guy about the UK opt becoming red button

- More cuts at the BBC that absolutely no one will agree is a good idea

And if none of these happen, I won't not be surprised!
[-] The following 1 user Likes arbrax's post:
  • Superman1986

Last time I posted
Quote:ITV2 to go it's own way with it's presentation late next year (they were pretty quick to ditch the initial package in both of the last two corporate rebrands).
ITV News, ITV Sport, CITV and the font used on programme credits to all be updated together in the Spring.
UTV's name to be axed (it's an afterthought on the new ITV1 pres, and ITV News's rebrand gives them the ability to excise the last traces).
Challenge to get a new look (it's overdue, the current one is their longest serving package ever, and woefully out of date).
None right, and I definitely didn't see CITV's closure coming! All of the other predictions shall just roll over to 2024.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JAS84's post:
  • Superman1986

In With A Shout to be axed (after series 2)
Channel 5 to reboot Ground Force
Gaelic programming to be shown on BBC Scotland
Rowan Atkinson to host Have I Got News For You
[-] The following 2 users Like tellyblues's post:
  • Superman1986, watchingtv

My predictions for 2024:
-'RuPaul's Drag Race UK' will switch from the BBC to a rival commercial/subscription station
-Sky probably replace E! with a female-skewed entertainment channel, based on the US network, Bravo
-4seven will close, move to a FAST channel format
-UK version of 'The Mole' gets commissioned, somewhere
-Either GB News or Talk TV becomes a subscription station
-BBC Scotland channel will close, and relaunch BBC Two Scotland

Steph Mcgoven to present This Morning.

Fiona Bruce to be the main host of the BBCs General Election coverage

Another GB News presenter leaves the station after more revelations.

Piers Morgan leaves Talk TV
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stooky Bill's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy

(13-12-2023, 01:17 AM)tellyblues Wrote:  Rowan Atkinson to host Have I Got News For You

That would be amazing. I can imagine Rowan doing a good Angus impersonation actually...

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]

Crime + Investigation and Sky Crime finally merge
Challenge rebranding to Sky Challenge and acquiring new programming bringing life into the channel (I can dream alright!)
Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway officially announce to be axed after the next series
ITV2 to abandon CITV branding for the early morning block
Stephen Mulhern replaces Jeremy Clarkson as host of Who Wants to be a Millionaire.

I apologise for the last one.

I do love how wrong we get things. Jon called Holly and Phil leaving though.

Sadly so much remains the same in TV now it's all quite boring, so my predictions will follow suit:

- This Morning to continue without a formal appointment of new presenters
- Free to air +1 channels to begin to close
- At least one ITV/C4/C5 spin off to close
- C4 to sell The BOX channels
- Lingo, Tenable and Jeopardy to be axed and Tipping Point move to 3pm
- Casualty to be axed
- The X Factor reboot to be announced
- Presentation wise no major changes on the main channels. Perhaps a refresh for More4
- Wishful thinking but BBC to accelerate closure of SD channels on Freeview, which sees their SD mux converted to HD opening up space for ITV/C4 spin offs to go HD