Countdown

I'm guessing they probably got better audiences back in Leeds not just because it was more popular back then but there was a sense of ownership of the show in the Yorkshire region.

Doesn't look like Pointless will have it's audience return for regular episodes either. I think those were the only two daytime game shows with a studio audience at the time covid struck.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • Ma76, SuperSajuuk

I was semi regular for Countdown audience from 2015-2018. It's been cut largely due to the budget, but also suggestions Anne Robinson didn't want one during her stint as presenter.

As previously said, there were times numbers were very low, with some production stff being asked to sit in to make it look full. Even before they were abolished entirely, there had been cutbacks to it. The notepads were no longer Oxford Dictionary branded, and they no longer game out free kit kats during the filming break. I know these are very minor things, but you notice them.
[-] The following 4 users Like JLav25's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, Ma76, SuperSajuuk, thePineapple

Not terribly surprised with his Countdown commitments - but Colin is moving off weeknights on 5 Live to do Friday afternoons and a four-hour Sunday show from the new year, filling the vacancy left by Helen Skelton in August.

The indie company behind his new Sunday show is led by Fighting Talk's long-serving producer Charlie Copsey.

radiotoday.co.uk 
[-] The following 2 users Like lookoutwales's post:
  • JLav25, RhysJR

As you say not surprising that doing both wasn't sustainable long term, though in hindsight probably a shame he quit Fighting Talk now.

Quite a long show on the Sunday though running 10am-2pm - do 5Live not have the early kick-off if there is a midday Premier League game?

Looks like a typo from Radio Today. The slot remains 10am till 12pm like it is now.

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ash101's post:
  • Brekkie

(24-11-2023, 07:01 PM)lookoutwales Wrote:  Not terribly surprised with his Countdown commitments - but Colin is moving off weeknights on 5 Live to do Friday afternoons and a four-hour Sunday show from the new year, filling the vacancy left by Helen Skelton in August.

The indie company behind his new Sunday show is led by Fighting Talk's long-serving producer Charlie Copsey.

radiotoday.co.uk 

To update, Gordon Smart will replace Colin Murray on 5 Live weeknights.

www.bbc.co.uk 

Countdown is still pretty decent even without an audience and the set design is very faithful to what was in Leeds so viewers at home would never know it’s coming from Salford.

Is it still produced by Yorkshire Tv In disguise?

(15-12-2023, 01:47 PM)harshy Wrote:  Countdown is still pretty decent even without an audience and the set design is very faithful to what was in Leeds so viewers at home would never know it’s coming from Salford.

It is produced by "Lifted Entertainment" a company owned by ITV Studios.

It's Lifted Entertainment, which is ITV's game show department. Being in Salford, I'd say it's Granada in disguise.
[-] The following 3 users Like JAS84's post:
  • DeMarkay, harshy, Ma76

(15-12-2023, 01:47 PM)harshy Wrote:  Countdown is still pretty decent even without an audience and the set design is very faithful to what was in Leeds so viewers at home would never know it’s coming from Salford.

According to UK Gameshows. It is "Lifted Entertainment, Part of ITV Studios". Whether or not anyone from the originating team from Leeds historically has tranferred over is debatable. It is all where the decimal point is placed one where one reflects on this. Although it does seem from the Lifted website their (ITV Studios) non-drama content comes from there, Saturday Night Takeaway, fellow Salford resident University Challenge, I'm A Celebrity and Love Island.

www.ukgameshows.com 

liftedentertainment.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes AaronLancs's post:
  • Ma76