Countdown

(15-12-2023, 02:41 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Being in Salford, I'd say it's Granada in disguise.

Sorry for the double post, again. Not my fault.

Isn't that what Granada is these days, ITV? As they were the ones that had all of the other companies fold into them.

The last series filmed in Leeds was the first with Jeff and Rachel, moving initially to Granada Studios in 2009 then Salford in 2013.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • Ma76

They still show the postal address out for Countdown at the end of each programme and it is still that of Yorkshire Television, which would suggest that there may still be a presence there in some capacity.

FWIW the old clock is still on display within the waiting area of the main MediaCity studios building. As long as the entrance doors are open the public can walk around that part of the studios.
[-] The following 2 users Like nwtv2003's post:
  • Gary Baldy, Ma76

(15-12-2023, 03:50 PM)nwtv2003 Wrote:  They still show the postal address out for Countdown at the end of each programme and it is still that of Yorkshire Television, which would suggest that there may still be a presence there in some capacity.

Not necessarily, because www.royalmail.com  is a thing... And at £36 a year its clearly cheaper than personnel and shifting stuff across to Salford yourself...

I suspect the Countdown production office is still in Leeds. ITV still has a pretty big presence there with Emmerdale and the archive.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • Ma76

What happened to the studio in Leeds where Countdown was filmed? Was it turned into space for Emmerdale? Are the Yorkshire TV Studios now all just Emmerdale / Calendar.

(18-12-2023, 10:09 AM)eyeTV Wrote:  What happened to the studio in Leeds where Countdown was filmed? Was it turned into space for Emmerdale? Are the Yorkshire TV Studios now all just Emmerdale / Calendar.
Yes, it's now The Woolpack. Think the entire site is pretty much used for Emmerdale.

www.tvstudiohistory.co.uk 
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • eyeTV, Ma76

Yes, as mentioned above the original Countdown studio, Studio 3 is now used by Emmerdale. So is their original entertainment Studio 4, which used to produce shows like 3-2-1, The New Statesman etc, that is also used by Emmerdale.
[-] The following 2 users Like JMT1985's post:
  • eyeTV, Ma76

Having watched the mewest 8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown Christmas Special tonight, I note that they've now moved to using the virtual conundrum board - had this occured before tonight's edition?

The letters graphic though still relies on a cut out camera shot and annoyingly wasn't quite framed correctly tonight.

Tonight's episode was particularly poor I thought - for me the only guest captain who generally comes close to matching the fun Sean Lock brought is Lee Mack.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • callumwatchestelly