Countdown

(10-01-2023, 03:07 PM)nwtv2003 Wrote:  Apparently the new permanent host of Countdown will be revealed on Steph’s Packed Lunch tomorrow.
Almost certain to be Colin, I’d have thought. They’ll probably just making it official.

Hopefully it will be Colin (although I'm a little nervous after what happened two years ago).

Seems an odd way to tease it - I suspect most C4 daytime viewers asssume Colin is already the new permanent host, and if he wasn't they'd have been reported of him stepping down rather than signing a two year deal.

Probably just a bit of an excuse to have Colin and Rachel on the show considering it's Rachel's birthday tomorrow

Great news! twitter.com 

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

Good to see they've (finally) made the right decision and I can see Colin hosting for many years to come, something no host has really done since Richard died (apart from Nick).

Yes, great news! I did have a horrible feeling with today's announcement that they were suddenly going to pull another left field, inappropriate choice out of the bag to grab some headlines, so this is a relief.

He suits the show so well. So refreshing to have someone who clearly loves the game and is interested in the contestants as the permanent host – and I'm not sure you could say that about anyone since Richard Whiteley.

Even a certain former Countdown warm-up man approves...

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spencer's post:
  • DE88

Is it normal for the Steph show to announce a feature as 'coming up at 1:20pm' only for 1:20pm to come round and then they decide to go on about a totally different feature and the advertised feature to actually show up at 1:40pm?!

(11-01-2023, 04:14 PM)Johnr Wrote:  Is it normal for the Steph show to announce a feature as 'coming up at 1:20pm' only for 1:20pm to come round and then they decide to go on about a totally different feature and the advertised feature to actually show up at 1:40pm?!

This might be the least of the prog’s problems. I think it’s absolutely dreadful

Well it's standard daytime fare - nothing spectacular, nothing original - but I think C4 benefits from having a live daily show in it's schedule somewhere. If Countdown's ratings are up perhaps Packed Lunch may benefit too.

Found the whole making a big deal about announcing Colin as the permanent host rather odd this week considering most assumed he was anyway. Of course it should have happened a year earlier and I still think Anne was forced upon producers by the head honchos at C4 wanting to grab headlines rather than do what is best for their long running show. A year ago though it looked questionable whether the show would even make it's 40th birthday - now it feels like it may be fairly secure until its 50th.