BBC/ITV South News

(03-12-2023, 12:08 PM)Earlie37 Wrote:  Despite not being in there long, BBC South already showing up a lot of regions by demonstrating how a bit of creativity can be used to make the new sets shine to their full potential...
x.com 
That idea of replacing one of the sofa segments with a chair is something I've not seen elsewhere. It certainly works for a politics programme when you want it to appear to have a more formal distance between the presenter and the guests.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stuart's post:
  • Jayesyn

(03-12-2023, 01:17 PM)Stuart Wrote:  That idea of replacing one of the sofa segments with a chair is something I've not seen elsewhere. It certainly works for a politics programme when you want it to appear to have a more formal distance between the presenter and the guests.
Leeds has the same setup, as seen at the beginning of this clip...
x.com 

Edit: a quick look around, and so do Birmingham, Nottingham and Tunbridge Wells. So I think that's everyone!
[-] The following 3 users Like Spencer's post:
  • interestednovice, Jayesyn, Stuart

I think the chair was a later addition. When Nottingham and Birmingham first got the new set, they used the full sofa for Politics. The separate chair made an appearance a few weeks later.
[-] The following 3 users Like Phil's post:
  • interestednovice, Spencer, Stuart

Nice to see Southampton in daylight at this time of night behind Allen Sinclair on the late news
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pompeytv's post:
  • interestednovice

(27-12-2023, 11:26 PM)Pompeytv Wrote:  Nice to see Southampton in daylight at this time of night behind Allen Sinclair on the late news

Odd - presumably that was a mistake!
[-] The following 1 user Likes IanJRedman's post:
  • interestednovice

An issue at the start of the News at Ten on BBC One South tonight. We got the "BBC One in the South" ident, but the ident played all the way to the end (even froze for a few seconds)... then we finally flipped to the news, and we'd missed a good chunk of the headlines. Oops!
[-] The following 4 users Like IanJRedman's post:
  • bax, interestednovice, Nobby, Superman1986

That is one of the coolest looking news bulletins I've ever seen!

twitter.com 
[-] The following 8 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • IanJRedman, Jayesyn, JJJJ, LDN, London Lite, Nige, Stuart, thePineapple

Technical problems in Southampton? There was no South Today headlines opt on the News at Ten.

(22-02-2024, 11:07 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  Technical problems in Southampton? There was no South Today headlines opt on the News at Ten.
Perhaps the dinosaurs caused some damage the previous night. Tongue
[-] The following 7 users Like Stuart's post:
  • arbrax, IanJRedman, interestednovice, Kendal87, London Lite, RhysJR, UTVLifer

Whatever the issue was that caused the BBC London headlines to be seen, it's been fixed, because South Today just arrived as normal!

Edit - Although, I'm not 100% sure if things were quite running to plan, because Allen presented the whole thing standing at the tower. Is that normal?