BBC/ITV South News

Loved the jazz hands wave from Geraldine Peers on the regional screen at the end of the 6 tonight
[-] The following 6 users Like Pompeytv's post:
  • bkman1990, Deejay, London Lite, Superman1986, UTVLifer, watchingtv

Final Oxford bulletin bar the end credits which aren't in full due to the recording stopping before time.

youtu.be 
[-] The following 2 users Like London Lite's post:
  • Snop, UTVLifer

Quite a nice final programme from Oxford, the end credits were a lovely touch especially. Geraldine is a great presenter so I have no doubt she'll find new work soon enough, it's everyone else that'll likely be worse off. The credits highlighted just how many people work on the programme and it's extremely likely that many of them will be out of a job.
[-] The following 3 users Like MFTJA's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 406, Superman1986

Did ITV News Meridian ( Thames Valley) cover it on their late news albeit briefly?

I hope that South Today adjust the scrolling place names in the title sequence etc to make it a properly pan-regional selection.

Currently, the lame attempt at "pan-regional" titles features mostly just place names from the Berkshire-and-southwards part of the region (including accompanying the final logo itself, both at the end of the titles and used on screens in the Southampton studio (even during pan-regional bulletins).

Only the couple of clips of Oxon/Bucks/Swindon images that are inserted into the pan-regional variant of the titles include any place names from that part of the region (the same selection of place names, in fact, as used on the Oxford sub-regional titles).

This creates a jarring disparity whereby most clips during the titles aren't accompanied by any place names from north of Reading, but a couple of clips are accompanied by *nothing but* Oxon/Bucks/Swindon placenames (including many names of smaller towns that would not get a look-in if trying to show a limited number of major cities/towns from across the whole region, e.g. Abingdon, Bicester, Brackley, Didcot, Princes Risborough, Witney etc).

There are probably no more than about five placenames from the "Oxford" (Beckley) TX part of the region that would warrant being mixed in with an overall pan-regional selection (Aylesbury, Banbury, Buckingham, Oxford, and Swindon - as these give the best broad indication of the scope of the north of the region).

It would be good to see e.g. those five (or similar) genuinely randomly mixed-in with the rest, so that the scrolling placenames are listed in an order that genuinely darts about all over the entire region without any bias.

The equivalent of all of the above also applies to Look East.

I'll not hold my breath, mind.
[-] The following 3 users Like Former Member 406's post:
  • chaose, Superman1986, UTVLifer

(16-12-2022, 10:20 PM)London Lite Wrote:  Final Oxford bulletin bar the end credits which aren't in full due to the recording stopping before time.

youtu.be 

Basically a presenters showreel and frustration with the decision to axe the service. I'm really suprised the editor in Southampton allowed so much air time on the presenter. Its the stories why people watch the news, not the presenter.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tvchris's post:
  • Pips2022

Former Member 406 Wrote:I hope that South Today adjust the scrolling place names in the title sequence etc to make it a properly pan-regional selection.
By the Sunday teatime (well, after the football) bulletin, they appeared to have done just that.

I certainly noticed Abingdon, Oxford and Swindon float by.

Nick Harvey
Carbuncle Corner - The Monstrous Lump on the World Wide Web
[-] The following 2 users Like Nick Harvey's post:
  • Former Member 406, Superman1986

(19-12-2022, 01:34 PM)Nick Harvey Wrote:  
Former Member 406 Wrote:I hope that South Today adjust the scrolling place names in the title sequence etc to make it a properly pan-regional selection.
By the Sunday teatime (well, after the football) bulletin, they appeared to have done just that.

I certainly noticed Abingdon, Oxford and Swindon float by.
New sceneries & town names debuted on the lunchtime news
[-] The following 1 user Likes Superman1986's post:
  • Former Member 406

I didn’t see any new opening titles images? They already have quite a supply that they rotate.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kendal87's post:
  • Superman1986

Where's the first scene on the opening titles?

Spotted Swindon, Abingdon, Oxford, Banbury and Didcot on the titles.
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • Superman1986