BBC/ITV South News

(30-03-2023, 06:44 PM)harryb Wrote:  I did wonder why Nick Quarashi is presenting and Anjana then did a report from the newsroom.

Anjana explains why in her tweet, above.

(30-03-2023, 06:19 PM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  Anjana Gadgil

twitter.com 

Interesting decision from somebody whose happily and regularly covered shifts left by those forced out by other cuts.

(30-03-2023, 07:13 PM)qwerty123 Wrote:  
(30-03-2023, 06:19 PM)JamesWorldNews Wrote:  Anjana Gadgil

twitter.com 

Interesting decision from somebody whose happily and regularly covered shifts left by those forced out by other cuts.

Not really? The work-to-rule initiative has only been in place a couple of weeks.

Any idea if Sally Taylor will ever return? Disappeared again before Christmas.

Joint South & South East late bulletin tonight
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pompeytv's post:
  • Superman1986

BBC South is getting its news from the South East tonight. I assume due to the ongoing 'work to rule' industrial action. Because the South is normally native HD (not tonight), it's the first time I've got a chance to see what an upscaled opt looks like on the HD channel...
[-] The following 3 users Like IanJRedman's post:
  • bkman1990, Superman1986, UTVLifer

On a semi-regular basis lately, I've noticed the odd report on South Today with astons baked in during the edit, rather than generated live. Another one cropped up tonight. Whatever template they're using, it has the feel of a mock-up. Note the logos... I'm not sure why they do this? All the other astons in the same programme were the normal ones, and looked fine.

Both these images come from the same bulletin:

[-] The following 2 users Like IanJRedman's post:
  • bkman1990, Superman1986

Is it just going to be weeks and weeks of Nick Quraishi holding the fort at South Today?
[-] The following 3 users Like Kendal87's post:
  • bkman1990, Superman1986, UTVLifer

A very accomplished presenter is Nick, in safe hands.
[-] The following 3 users Like Belmont's post:
  • bkman1990, IanJRedman, MLehon

(17-04-2023, 10:54 PM)Belmont Wrote:  A very accomplished presenter is Nick, in safe hands.
I'll say this for him: he certainly knows how to put in a shift. He's on Sky News now doing the midnight news... just a few hours after presenting South Today!
[-] The following 3 users Like Kojak's post:
  • bkman1990, IanJRedman, UTVLifer