Royal Announcement At 6pm

(22-03-2024, 07:41 PM)all new phil Wrote:  Julie made the announcement despite Charlene presenting the 6.30 programme. Looked to be from somewhere other than the normal set.

The clue here being the fact you can see a reflection of Julie Etchingham on the backdrop:

twitter.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like bilky asko's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, UTVLifer, watchingtv

I watched the announcement this evening on BBC News at 6 with Sophie Raworth.

No music or titles were played out at the start of the bulletin.

The story about the shooting & explosion at the Concert Hall in Moscow was reported afterwards by Gordon Carrera and by Steve Rosenburg somewhere in the middle part of the bulletin.

It was a quite a sombre main evening news bulletin for a Friday evening.
[-] The following 3 users Like bkman1990's post:
  • chrisherald, octothorpe, UTVLifer

(22-03-2024, 07:41 PM)all new phil Wrote:  Julie made the announcement despite Charlene presenting the 6.30 programme. Looked to be from somewhere other than the normal set.

Charlene made the announcement live on ITV1.

I'm guessing the video featuring Julie was pre-recorded specifically for social media, so it could be posted at exactly 6pm.
[-] The following 1 user Likes James's post:
  • chrisherald

(22-03-2024, 07:39 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Chris Ship was outside Buckingham Palace at 6:10, he’s in the studio just after 6:30

Traffic must have been light!

Hmm, that makes me wonder actually if the newsflash was pre-recorded rather than the start of ITV News London.
[-] The following 1 user Likes itsrobert's post:
  • chrisherald

(22-03-2024, 07:43 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  The clue here being the fact you can see a reflection of Julie Etchingham on the backdrop:

twitter.com 

That's the itv newsroom studio used for itv x bulletins. It's essentially a glass room with a video wall behind it.
[-] The following 3 users Like South's post:
  • bilky asko, chrisherald, London Lite

Who made the 6pm announcement ? Charlene or Julie

In STV area we got Charlene.

(22-03-2024, 07:45 PM)James Wrote:  Charlene made the announcement live on ITV1.

I'm guessing the video featuring Julie was pre-recorded specifically for social media, so it could be posted at exactly 6pm.

Yes, it was definitely Charlene in Studio 1 at 6pm as there was a wide camera shot of the studio.

I suspect Julie's newsflash was indeed recorded for social media and maybe ITVX? Probably from the new Studio 3.
[-] The following 6 users Like itsrobert's post:
  • bilky asko, bkman1990, chevron, chrisherald, Milkshake, UTVLifer

The clip with Julie will be for ITVX, so they have a clean clip without having to talk about coming on air with some breaking news like they had to do on ITV1
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew's post:
  • chrisherald

(22-03-2024, 07:45 PM)itsrobert Wrote:  Hmm, that makes me wonder actually if the newsflash was pre-recorded rather than the start of ITV News London.

I wouldn't be surprised if they recorded the newsflash say at around 1750-1755 because there's no chance Chris Ship can get from Buckingham Palace to GIR that quickly.
[-] The following 2 users Like XIII's post:
  • bkman1990, itsrobert

To be fair Chris wasn’t there at the start, he appeared a few minutes in, so it was probably more like 25 mins

Google Maps says it takes 20 minutes by car
I doubt the news flash was pre recorded, especially as they also referred to the Prime Minister’s statement during it
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew's post:
  • UTVLifer