Royal Announcement At 6pm

There was initially a 'LIVE' tag on screen whilst Chris was outside Buckingham Palace during the newsflash.

The full ITV newsflash can be seen here:
www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes James's post:
  • chrisherald

Talk TV have abandoned The Talk & Plank of the Week and doing admiral rolling news coverage from the main studio with Vanessa Feltz, Isobel Oakshot & Kevin O'Sullivan. They have been interviewing Jenny Bond who is an ideal Royal font of knowledge. It will be a shame when Talk aren't on TV anymore.

Given a number of ITV regional news are prerecorded, I assume some didn't mention the news.

Did the Evening News return at 6.30pm or get delayed by 8 minutes?

Michelle Dewberry staying longer tonight on GB News instead of Lee Anderson's Real World.

(22-03-2024, 08:02 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  Talk TV have abandoned The Talk & Plank of the Week and doing admiral rolling news coverage from the main studio with Vanessa Feltz, Isobel Oakshot & Kevin O'Sullivan. They have been interviewing Jenny Bond who is an ideal Royal font of knowledge. It will be a shame when Talk aren't on TV anymore.

GB News has dropped Real World in favour of an extended Dewbs and Co.

Not sure about the rest of the line up tonight.

(22-03-2024, 08:08 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Did the Evening News return at 6.30pm or get delayed by 8 minutes?
On air at 6.30pm as usual. Regions/Nations programmes shortened.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GMc's post:
  • Brekkie

Michelle Dewburry still on air for GB News, I'm guessing Lee Anderson's show is cancelled for tonight. They're in Breaking News mode as well.

Been working on local radio bulletins this afternoon (just clocked off, infact)

IRN's net newsroom flash came through at 5.53pm - followed soon after by full audio of her statement, a 45-second cut (used on the 6pm bulletin read by Ana Bates - it's rare you'll hear something more than 15 seconds long) and a 45-second voicer from duty editor Nick Quarishi.

Curiously, we had to credit any use of Kate's speech to BBC Studios, which felt rather unusual.

IRN at six managed to fit in a Gaza story (with cut) and a brief read on the Christine Rawle sentencing before finishing with a recap.

I was expecting regional news to bite the bullet again on ITV - hard to say whether they 'did it better' this time by simply letting them come on air late but I guess their hand was forced this time (even after the technical problems that coincided with the King's announcement)
[-] The following 5 users Like lookoutwales's post:
  • chrisherald, Independent, Nobby, octothorpe, UTVLifer

Did ITV1 Wales, UTV & STV still opt out with their local programmes at 7pm?