Royal Announcement At 6pm

(22-03-2024, 08:15 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Did ITV1 Wales, UTV & STV still opt out with their local programmes at 7pm?

STV opted out as usual, including the recorded closing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes freeview87's post:
  • UTVLifer

(22-03-2024, 08:11 PM)cityprod Wrote:  Michelle Dewburry still on air for GB News, I'm guessing Lee Anderson's show is cancelled for tonight. They're in Breaking News mode as well.

Mark Dolan in the studio with Michelle currently.

(22-03-2024, 08:15 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Did ITV1 Wales, UTV & STV still opt out with their local programmes at 7pm?

STV did indeed opt out as usual for What's On Scotland. Don't think we got any other top stories on our half-hour of Evening News. Did they cover the breaking news from Moscow after 7?

(22-03-2024, 07:43 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  The clue here being the fact you can see a reflection of Julie Etchingham on the backdrop:

twitter.com 

Not sure how well that greeny-blue jacket would have keyed on the virtual set?
[-] The following 2 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • bilky asko, Jayesyn

(22-03-2024, 08:23 PM)GMc Wrote:  STV did indeed opt out as usual for What's On Scotland. Don't think we got any other top stories on our half-hour of Evening News. Did they cover the breaking news from Moscow after 7?

Yes plus other stories, but they also covered the statement from The King
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew's post:
  • GMc

Talk TV is still live with Vanessa. I wonder how long before they go back to their recorded programmes.

Sarah-Jane Mee now presenting from Windsor on Sky News.

(22-03-2024, 08:48 PM)freeview87 Wrote:  Talk TV is still live with Vanessa. I wonder how long before they go back to their recorded programmes.

Plank of the Week now airing, replacing The Royal Tea and Crime Suspect, originally billed at that time. (Surprised they are airing that, given the head of TalkRadio is the executive producer, and I'm sure they criticise Meghan on that).

Not sure about the rest of the evening.

Friday Night Live airing as normal on GB News but in rolling news mode.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AndyB2008's post:
  • freeview87

Over in the US, ABC, NBC and CBS all broke into programming with special reports. And all 3 networks also showed Kate's recorded message.
[-] The following 2 users Like JACKLUFC1998's post:
  • chrisherald, Independent

How did Channel 4 break the news? Also what time did they come off air?