Royal Announcement At 6pm

Recorded from UTV, how ITV News and UTV Live announced the story.

youtu.be 
[-] The following 3 users Like London Lite's post:
  • AJB39, chrisherald, UTVLifer

On my recording of ITV News London, there's a visible switch when London comes on that the jib wide shot was pre-recorded before switching to the live fixed shot of Lucrezia Millarini from the London desk, presumably as they were switching the cameras around during the opening titles.
[-] The following 2 users Like London Lite's post:
  • chrisherald, itsrobert

(22-03-2024, 10:25 PM)London Lite Wrote:  On my recording of ITV News London, there's a visible switch when London comes on that the jib wide shot was pre-recorded before switching to the live fixed shot of Lucrezia Millarini from the London desk, presumably as they were switching the cameras around during the opening titles.

Oddly, the ITVX version cuts off the beginning,

(22-03-2024, 07:18 PM)JACKLUFC1998 Wrote:  NBC did too. Don't know about other US broadcasters though.

According to TVNewser :

Its studio arm, BBC Studios, was responsible for recording Middleton’s message, recorded on Wednesday and came with no edits.

www.adweek.com 
[-] The following 5 users Like mouseboy33's post:
  • AJB39, chrisherald, JACKLUFC1998, London Lite, UTVLifer

(22-03-2024, 06:37 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  TMZ is reporting this as well. I guess these other broadcasts careless about embargoed statements from the Palace. if it was indeed embargoed

x.com 

It was embargoed until 1800. The fact that word got out publicly beforehand tells you quite lot about some news providers doesn't it.

TMZ didn't report cancer though did it, although reporting there's a health update and embargo you can draw your own conclusions.

Maybe the palace should just drop announcements without any warnings in future. So what if a broadcaster isn't set up for a live outside the palace or the presenter isn't 'ready'.

(23-03-2024, 11:27 AM)freeview87 Wrote:  TMZ didn't report cancer though did it, although reporting there's a health update and embargo you can draw your own conclusions.

Maybe the palace should just drop announcements without any warnings in future. So what if a broadcaster isn't set up for a live outside the palace or the presenter isn't 'ready'.

With all the speculation an health update that was simply details about her surgery was what most people were expecting. Reporting there was an embargo in these circumstances didn’t say it was going to be this serious,

(23-03-2024, 11:27 AM)freeview87 Wrote:  Maybe the palace should just drop announcements without any warnings in future. So what if a broadcaster isn't set up for a live outside the palace or the presenter isn't 'ready'.
No, because they’d rather the announcement was done carefully, accurately and calmly, without favouring any one news organisation. A relatively short embargo allows for this. It’s a well established practice and even today works fairly well. The alternative would be worse.

It’s not about them giving time for broadcasters to be live outside Buckingham Palace. There was just about enough time for them to do that yesterday, but if there hadn't been they’d have just done that a bit later.

(23-03-2024, 10:50 AM)Bluecortina Wrote:  It was embargoed until 1800. The fact that word got out publicly beforehand tells you quite lot about some news providers doesn't it.
It does a bit, but given broadcasters and others had the video a little while in advance I was surprised no actual details leaked.
[-] The following 1 user Likes News Engineer's post:
  • chrisherald

Currently gathering recordings from various radio stations (like I did when Charles' diagnosis was announced). BBC stations will be uploaded later.

1drv.ms 

Looks like Bauer and Global have responded a bit better than they did with the King's announcement, when it was very hit and miss across Global stations, and Bauer's portfolio completely missed the boat.

I kissed a gull and I liked it!
[-] The following 7 users Like BBI45's post:
  • chrisherald, Larry the Loafer, London Lite, radiorebel, scottishtv, Tardisrotor, TVFan

Could GB News have not moved Real World to it's normal midnight repeat slot last night? Instead it was just a repeat of the Michelle Dewberry 7pm hour.