Sky News

I thought they’d said the newsroom set was being kept too. So maybe breakfast might remain where it is?

The post got deleted I think, did anyone screenshot the photos?

(03-04-2024, 12:06 AM)harryb Wrote:  The post got deleted I think, did anyone screenshot the photos?

This was still up on my Twitter feed. Think this is what you were asking for.

pbs.twimg.com 
Web Image

[-] The following 5 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • Brekkie, freeaxe, interestednovice, matthieu1221, Stuart

Those at least look like new video walls – the lightbox border appears to no longer be there. Compare to before:

twitter.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like Charles's post:
  • interestednovice, UTVLifer

(03-04-2024, 04:59 AM)Charles Wrote:  Those at least look like new video walls – the lightbox border appears to no longer be there. Compare to before:

twitter.com 
Essentially to the viewer it's all going to look the same as before. However, the sooner they get out of that canteen set the better
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stuart's post:
  • mouseboy33

(03-04-2024, 11:59 AM)Stuart Wrote:  Essentially to the viewer it's all going to look the same as before.

With all due respect, how do you know that?

You may turn out to have that opinion when you see it on-screen (and so may others), but I'd suggest the reason that tweet was pulled is that it's not the finished product.

(03-04-2024, 01:23 AM)RhysJR Wrote:  This was still up on my Twitter feed. Think this is what you were asking for.

pbs.twimg.com 

I think it looks awesome. If they open it up so it’s all part of the newsroom set (remove the frosted glass), it will look brilliant!
[-] The following 1 user Likes skynewsfreak's post:
  • freeaxe

Well the video walls do look better, though its a similar set up as before. (LOL.... maybe they finally consulted with NBCUniversal and found out what vendors they used for their videowalls/lighting. Because the video walls used for the MSNBC/NBC News Now sets look flawless on air). Sadly the SkyNews Westminster video wall was always washed out looking and had a moire-pattern from some angles. The existing desk looks to have gotten warmed-up with wood around the front screen. Nice upgrade. Not wildly different, but nice looking and fits the new look. The Westminster newsroom set is great. Some elements in the background needs something. But overall thumbs up.

Now if they can just update the main set background at HQ and get a new video wall (that hallway is killing me). Still think the new HQ newsroom set needs some more help in the background. As the viewer cant see that nice desk and the elements installed off to the right of the camera if there isnt a wide shot. But are slowly getting there. Nice work Sky. Keep going.

It's a 99% certainty that no other Comcast units were consulted. Most corporations struggle to get teams in the same building to communicate, let alone companies and countries.

Given Sky has a very good world class production services department in house, who've such displays elsewhere, its a simple task Limited only by budget and space.

The last screen was rubbish? That will be becouse of pixel density, that's a big budget factor. Its not hard, ans it doesn't need a united nations of corporate bods to solve

It was a joke. Well if they are using better displays elsewhere seems SkyNews got stuck with all the washed out budget low-res models. Glad Comcast gave them a bigger budget then. Thats good. The updates and upgrades are totally paying off. Well done to Sky!