Sky News

(03-04-2024, 01:23 AM)RhysJR Wrote:  This was still up on my Twitter feed. Think this is what you were asking for.

pbs.twimg.com 

New studio in use for Sunday with Trevor Philips.

Screen seem to be much better quality

i.ibb.co 
Web Image

i.ibb.co 
Web Image

[-] The following 5 users Like Daveuk's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, matthieu1221, thePineapple, UTVLifer

I think they get away with the wooden desk in the open newsroom set but it looks pretty bad here. Probably needs a panel on the right hand desk too.

These screens look so much better than the old ones.

You can actually read the graphics they put up on the screens now (like that poll tracker)
[-] The following 2 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • interestednovice, matthieu1221

The screens do look much better, the setup of the desk is better and less cramped, though I’m not 100% sure it looks the best it could. I assume they can be separated if not needed.

I must admit I had hoped for a little more of a change but perhaps they have other views/furniture to play around with.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Neon Pig's post:
  • interestednovice

I imagine the right hand side of the desk would be removable. Like the wood tones, much less clinical.

Interesting how the higher resolution screen makes the set feel much roomier despite being essentially the same setup.
[-] The following 3 users Like freeaxe's post:
  • interestednovice, matthieu1221, UTVLifer

I suppose it’s a bit of an optical illusion. Because the screens are now much better, the depth in the backdrop image makes it appear as though the set itself has much more depth than it actually does. This only works because the backdrop is a high quality image displayed on a very good quality high resolution screen. Otherwise, the image would be too obviously fake for the illusion to work.
[-] The following 3 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • matthieu1221, Neon Pig, UTVLifer

(07-04-2024, 12:50 PM)interestednovice Wrote:  I suppose it’s a bit of an optical illusion. Because the screens are now much better, the depth in the backdrop image makes it appear as though the set itself has much more depth than it actually does. This only works because the backdrop is a high quality image displayed on a very good quality high resolution screen. Otherwise, the image would be too obviously fake for the illusion to work.

It also helps the sharp angles of the set. Now you can barely notice the 'fold' point if looking solely at the screens given how the nice backdrop now can disguise it.
[-] The following 2 users Like matthieu1221's post:
  • freeaxe, interestednovice

(07-04-2024, 08:48 AM)Daveuk Wrote:  New studio in use for Sunday with Trevor Philips.

Screen seem to be much better quality

i.ibb.co 

i.ibb.co 

The screens look really nice. Reminds me of the high quality screens on CNN and MSNBC. Though....i have to say....Im not loving the beige colour on the "add-on" desk. I do like the "embossed" SkyNews logo. Not sure if beige was a good idea. But overall it looks good.
[-] The following 2 users Like mouseboy33's post:
  • interestednovice, UTVLifer

The screen quality and updated desk is certainly an improvement, but it looks a little unfinished to be honest.

Whilst the backdrop looks a lot better than the previous version, without any branding it does rather look like they are in a temporary OB studio suspended in mid air! Given how realistic the view looks, it seems a bit odd to make it a still image rather than a proper moving backdrop.

I personally think it would look better with some additional elements - ie the view is part of the backdrop, not necessarily the only element.

The desk also looks much closer to the screen than before, so I’m imagining they want to use the other side of the studio which faces out on to the newsroom for something? Would be very strange to completely refurbish the newsroom and then not utilise it from their main studio.

You could just see a tiny little peek of the newsroom in some of the wide shots. Looked like new wood paneling beneath the windows, suggesting the newsroom will serve as a backdrop from inside the studio.