Sky News

I just honestly wish Sky News would not stream constant live coverage of the post office enquiry. I feel like it should be on a separate feed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Neon Pig's post:
  • Scarbados

Considering today's witness was Alan Bates, it was the right thing to air on the main channel.

I wonder if they're doing a phased launch for the new Millbank studio, as the Politics Hub is still in the newsroom set tonight

Or they're waiting until Sophy Ridge is back from her break to move the show

It's worth noting that the Westminster newsroom set isn't temporary, but is an additional space. It's not necessarily the case that shows will be moving back into the old studio.
[-] The following 2 users Like JK08's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, freeaxe

(09-04-2024, 08:47 PM)JK08 Wrote:  It's worth noting that the Westminster newsroom set isn't temporary, but is an additional space. It's not necessarily the case that shows will be moving back into the old studio.
Yeah, Yalda Hakim is back in her ‘normal’ studio at Sky Studios not the Westminster studio today.
[-] The following 2 users Like skynewsfreak's post:
  • Michael 18, UTVLifer

Interesting listen on The Media Show podcast
‘The Executive Chairman of the Sky News Group, David Rhodes shares his plans for Sky News – and on his years as a senior TV news exec in New York.’
[-] The following 1 user Likes thomalex's post:
  • Michael 18

to save anyone else scrabbling around, here's a link to the radio version: www.bbc.co.uk 

and the tv version: www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 1 user Likes thegeek's post:
  • UTVLifer

(09-04-2024, 04:00 PM)Neon Pig Wrote:  I just honestly wish Sky News would not stream constant live coverage of the post office enquiry. I feel like it should be on a separate feed.
Talking of separate feeds, I do not understand why they don’t offer Ian King via a QR code/on the website. This happened again today (pretty questionably given OJ Simpson’s death does not IMO merit rolling coverage despite his brief notoriety here in the 90s):

x.com 

It also means the podcast (a topped and tailed version of the TV programme) doesn’t get posted either.
[-] The following 1 user Likes leewilliams's post:
  • UTVLifer

(11-04-2024, 05:46 PM)leewilliams Wrote:  Talking of separate feeds, I do not understand why they don’t offer Ian King via a QR code/on the website. This happened again today (pretty questionably given OJ Simpson’s death does not IMO merit rolling coverage despite his brief notoriety here in the 90s):

x.com 

It also means the podcast (a topped and tailed version of the TV programme) doesn’t get posted either.

They've put out Ian King's show live on Youtube before when the linear Sky News channel has been covering something else live, I wonder why they didn't do that this time?
[-] The following 3 users Like AJB39's post:
  • Stuart, UTVLifer, watchingtv

(11-04-2024, 05:46 PM)leewilliams Wrote:  Talking of separate feeds, I do not understand why they don’t offer Ian King via a QR code/on the website. This happened again today (pretty questionably given OJ Simpson’s death does not IMO merit rolling coverage despite his brief notoriety here in the 90s):

x.com 

It's decisions like this that I find frustrating - while I get the national significance of the Post Office Inquiry, and its relevance, I still feel a QR code for anyone wanting to sit and watch the whole thing might be more appropriate - though that may just be my option. The OJ Simpson thing on the other hand shouldn't need more than a summary and then continuation in a main news bulletin.

Ian's post does wreak with an amount of frustration and perhaps contempt though ... understandably.