Sky News

(11-04-2024, 09:29 AM)thomalex Wrote:  Interesting listen on The Media Show podcast
‘The Executive Chairman of the Sky News Group, David Rhodes shares his plans for Sky News – and on his years as a senior TV news exec in New York.’

Thanks for flagging that. Fairly dull interview in which he sidestepped a load of questions about himself, what he actually does and his past jobs - including his role in Talk TV and at Fox News. Also had absolutely no real opinion on GB News, Ofcom, Trump etc

Couple of choice bits - said his emphasis on Sky News 'talent' was important because 'people watch people' (are the viewing figures reflecting this?)
Yalda Hakim will soon be hosting a world news podcast with NBC's Richard Engel
He's absolutely confident Sky News will continue beyond 2028 funding commitment because it will be cross-subsidised by other Comcast properties

Incidentally why have they made the Media Show double headed? Classic BBC if it aint broke don't fix it

(11-04-2024, 06:28 PM)Luc Wrote:  Incidentally why have they made the Media Show double headed? Classic BBC if it aint broke don't fix it

In recent schedule changes, the programme doubled its episode duration to an hour, and at the same time they moved to have both hosts hosting every week, rather than alternating.

So a nice new desk and supporting furniture for Friday Night in the refreshed Westminster studio. Darker wood than have so far been used. Looks good.
[-] The following 2 users Like Neon Pig's post:
  • AJB39, UTVLifer

Niall Paterson’s Friday Night show looks great in the updated Westminster set. As well as the desk there’s matching seating and a small table for guests.
[-] The following 6 users Like all new phil's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, freeaxe, Michael 18, Neon Pig, UTVLifer

(11-04-2024, 06:47 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  In recent schedule changes, the programme doubled its episode duration to an hour, and at the same time they moved to have both hosts hosting every week, rather than alternating.

It’s made it feel like a more serious, much less charming version of The Rest is Entertainment.

(12-04-2024, 08:20 PM)leewilliams Wrote:  It’s made it feel like a more serious, much less charming version of The Rest is Entertainment.

Yes it doesn't quite work, maybe it'll settle down in time but they were interrupting each other and taking it in turns to ask questions, which meant they couldn't really follow up. Pointless move

Greta panorama photo from Niall showing off the new Westminster studio

x.com 
[-] The following 12 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, Charles, DeMarkay, fanoftv, Jayesyn, lepeterrr, London Lite, matthieu1221, Michael 18, RhysJR, Stuart

That confirms my suspicion that the studio could probably be used with a view of the newsroom and some portion of the video wall. Hopefully, we get to see the studio used that way at some point.

I suspect Sky News will be rolling into overnight with tonight’s news out of Iran / Israel - I’d guess one of the more senior presenters may well pop up at midnight.

(13-04-2024, 10:42 PM)all new phil Wrote:  I suspect Sky News will be rolling into overnight with tonight’s news out of Iran / Israel - I’d guess one of the more senior presenters may well pop up at midnight.

Did they go into rolling coverage for the events in Sydney earlier?
[-] The following 1 user Likes JACKLUFC1998's post:
  • Toby brown