Sky News

First time I think we've seen them using this angle, probably because they is barely any space between the screen and the corner of the windowed walls

x.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • chrisherald, Michael 18, Richard H

(29-04-2024, 08:56 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  First time I think we've seen them using this angle, probably because they is barely any space between the screen and the corner of the windowed walls

x.com 

It’s a shame to see how poor quality those portrait screens are. Presuming the background should be white and it’s a horrible grey - they really weren’t designed for TV.

When you compare them to the high quality the pillars provide in the newsroom - they’re massively better. Obviously take a look at the towers used in BBC’s Studio B, D and the regions on how well the towers work. But the Sky version knock offs are poor.
[-] The following 1 user Likes harryb's post:
  • chrisherald

2 interesting things from this clip. I didn't know they had put screens all round the pillar I thought it was just on the 2 sides we see on Breakfast and they have removed the stripes on the glass which were still there during this mornings breakfast

From Politics Hub to Politics Cupboard.

I’ve been surprised how much less lively and watchable the show is, purely from a change in studio.

Move it back, Sky.

(29-04-2024, 11:13 PM)harryb Wrote:  It’s a shame to see how poor quality those portrait screens are. Presuming the background should be white and it’s a horrible grey - they really weren’t designed for TV.

When you compare them to the high quality the pillars provide in the newsroom - they’re massively better. Obviously take a look at the towers used in BBC’s Studio B, D and the regions on how well the towers work. But the Sky version knock offs are poor.

Those screens seem almost pointless when you’re in a studio with a three-sided screen backdrop …
[-] The following 2 users Like Neon Pig's post:
  • chrisherald, Stuart

You can see too from the other set that the frosted parts on the glass have been removed, which at least makes this angle look better.

i.ibb.co 
Web Image

Also, amusing to see these two more or less trade places this week.

i.ibb.co 
Web Image

[-] The following 2 users Like Charles's post:
  • mouseboy33, SB678

It's odd. I'd have thought Gareth would've been Kay's 'understudy' when she's off. It's not as if he's not capable.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Alf Stewart's post:
  • Charles

(30-04-2024, 09:35 AM)Charles Wrote:  i.ibb.co 
You also can see the stark difference in lighting in the Whitehall and the central news hub or whatever they are calling it. Hmm.

Bit of a blip for a few mins today when the Covid vaccine tracker graphic reappeared: up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

[-] The following 3 users Like scottishtv's post:
  • AJB39, fusionlad, SB678

Sky News is currently having issues with the ticker

up.metropol247.co.uk