Sky News

(30-04-2024, 08:23 PM)TVenthusiasm Wrote:  Sky News is currently having issues with the ticker

Well interestingly, that "issue" from yesterday does reveal that they are perhaps looking to put a social link to their Threads account (which they've been running for the best part of the last year, without ever referencing it anywhere on their websites or feeds) in their ticker, which would probably be one of the few -- if probably the only -- British broadcaster to reference their presence on Threads at all, since most media outlets -- in the UK anyway -- appear to be directing people only to Elon Musk's platform or Instagram (rarely). Surprised its taken them this long to consider putting a Threads icon there, but I guess things like that will take time to sign off in the long run.

They need to either put the little wooden table in the middle of the guests for Politucs Hub, or one on each side of the guests’ chairs. There should never be a situation where a guest places their glass on the floor beside their chair.
[-] The following 4 users Like Neon Pig's post:
  • chrisherald, Moz, Stuart, UTVLifer

I know they just finished updating the Westminster studio, but the lighting is actually wild in some places. They shifted the commentator "extension" to the left side of the main desk and the correspondent, at the very end, seems to be in the naughty corner. Its so dark in comparison to the even lighting on the main centre desk. Their lighting also suffers at the new newsroom Hub desk. They are making some creative strides but, a few missteps along the way. (still hating the beige colour on the front of those desks).
[-] The following 2 users Like mouseboy33's post:
  • Charles, chrisherald

I thought SKY'S coverage of the Mayoral result last night was superb
[-] The following 11 users Like TheJarv's post:
  • AJB39, all new phil, bob, Brekkie, Gibsy, Jeff, matthieu1221, Michael 18, Milkshake, Transmission, UTVLifer

(05-05-2024, 11:39 AM)TheJarv Wrote:  I thought SKY'S coverage of the Mayoral result last night was superb
Best political team in the business IMO
[-] The following 7 users Like Gibsy's post:
  • AJB39, Alf Stewart, all new phil, matthieu1221, Michael 18, Milkshake, UTVLifer

Really was great coverage. Particularly watchable during that period when they were looking for any clues to the result, while being transparent about what they did and didn't know.

Perhaps unfair of me to pick on this one moment, but I did think it was quite telling of the state of the channels that last night while Sky News were interviewing the new West Midlands mayor not too long after the result was announced, the BBC News channel were interviewing someone in Brazil about a Maddona concert.
[-] The following 5 users Like Transmission's post:
  • AJB39, Brekkie, Michael 18, Milkshake, UTVLifer

I have to agree with everyone else on here, SKY coverage was the best, from the mix of presenters, set and just being at the heart of the action. Unlike the BBC which felt drab, boring and had a we can't be bother feel over the 4 days.

If this is a forerunner to the General election, the BBC is in dire trouble.
[-] The following 4 users Like Milkshake's post:
  • AJB39, callumwatchestelly, Michael 18, UTVLifer

(05-05-2024, 04:38 PM)Transmission Wrote:  Really was great coverage. Particularly watchable during that period when they were looking for any clues to the result, while being transparent about what they did and didn't know.

I think watchable is the key word. It was intelligent but fun. Sky have really hit their stride in this respect right now. So many lessons the BBC could learn from this.
[-] The following 6 users Like all new phil's post:
  • AJB39, callumwatchestelly, Jeff, Milkshake, Transmission, UTVLifer

Diana Magnay no longer Moscow correspondent. Has she left or changed roles?

(06-05-2024, 07:21 PM)Gibsy Wrote:  Diana Magnay no longer Moscow correspondent. Has she left or changed roles?

She’s now an International Correspondent, which a few others seem to now share that title. She has been for a while now, presumably which now goes where the wind travels. I guess there’s only so much time one can spend in a particular post.

Good promotion for Ivor Bennett though.
[-] The following 4 users Like Neon Pig's post:
  • bkman1990, Gibsy, SB678, UTVLifer