Sky News

Can Sky News PLEASE change the Qatar Airways sponsor bumper at the end of each weather forecast - or at the very least, commission a few more bumpers and rotate them? I find the constant use of that breathy female singer singing 'to fly, to fly' incredibly irritating, and I don't even watch Sky News that much anymore - so heaven knows how much it must grate to regular viewers/people who have it on in the background all day.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kojak's post:
  • bkman1990, Frances

(08-05-2023, 04:59 PM)Kojak Wrote:  Can Sky News PLEASE change the Qatar Airways sponsor bumper at the end of each weather forecast - or at the very least, commission a few more bumpers and rotate them? I find the constant use of that breathy female singer singing 'to fly, to fly' incredibly irritating, and I don't even watch Sky News that much anymore - so heaven knows how much it must grate to regular viewers/people who have it on in the background all day.

Sky don't commission these so it's not really their place dictate what they show. They're adverts so they're produced by the client (or their agency), and Sky's only job is to air them in the places they've been paid to. I've seen the same sponsorship ads on other news channels. Sky would only intervene if there's a compliance issue which would prevent them from airing it.

As for the ad, I watch Sky News in the background most days so I see it often, and I can't say I've ever found it irritating.
[-] The following 5 users Like Orry Verducci's post:
  • Frances, Gibsy, Jeff, Kojak, London Lite

(08-05-2023, 06:33 PM)Orry Verducci Wrote:  
(08-05-2023, 04:59 PM)Kojak Wrote:  Can Sky News PLEASE change the Qatar Airways sponsor bumper at the end of each weather forecast - or at the very least, commission a few more bumpers and rotate them? I find the constant use of that breathy female singer singing 'to fly, to fly' incredibly irritating, and I don't even watch Sky News that much anymore - so heaven knows how much it must grate to regular viewers/people who have it on in the background all day.

Sky don't commission these so it's not really their place dictate what they show. They're adverts so they're produced by the client (or their agency), and Sky's only job is to air them in the places they've been paid to. I've seen the same sponsorship ads on other news channels. Sky would only intervene if there's a compliance issue which would prevent them from airing it.

As for the ad, I watch Sky News in the background most days so I see it often, and I can't say I've ever found it irritating.
Thanks for clarifying, Orry. Maybe it's just a 'me problem'. I suppose you get used to it after a while.

Rather oddly, Sky News are showing a video of someone using a very old 'Chip & PIN' device (not contactless) to illustrate a story about people who may be drawn into a higher income tax bracket. 

A bizarre choice by the researcher/producer. A shot of a Dartmoor Pony would have been just as relevant but more pleasant, as that would also have nothing to do with income tax.

Even in Parliament……….

twitter.com 

Interesting to see the report on the big 2005 relunch, on the eve of it.

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • bob, Gibsy, JamesWorldNews, Stuart

(18-05-2023, 11:02 PM)ginnyfan Wrote:  Interesting to see the report on the big 2005 relunch, on the eve of it.
www.youtube.com 
Kay Burley announced during that video that she'd already been there for 17 years!  I can only presume she's now part of the structure of the building. Tongue

(Yes, I know there have been various buildings) Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stuart's post:
  • UTVLifer

Sky News now has a audio feed on TuneIn

t.co 
[-] The following 1 user Likes TVenthusiasm's post:
  • AJB39

Sky News have launched an audio feed on TuneIn...

rxtvinfo.com 

Catch me on:
Andover Radio: Weekdays from 7am-10am
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rob Francis's post:
  • AJB39

Rob Francis Wrote:Sky News have launched an audio feed on TuneIn...

rxtvinfo.com 
I noticed that on my TuneIn Home Screen this morning. It’s a nice addition if you’re out and about.