Sky News

(06-06-2023, 05:48 PM)cando Wrote:  The Michael Jackson trial reconstructions were even weirder. So many hammy American actors 😆

The difference (of course) is there wasn’t social media to mock it mercilessly in the early 2000s. I think the Sky News bosses may have been a bit naive….and I find the David Platt lookalike quite brand eroding for Sky.
[-] The following 2 users Like Pips2022's post:
  • bkman1990, cando

(07-06-2023, 10:04 AM)Pips2022 Wrote:  The difference (of course) is there wasn’t social media to mock it mercilessly in the early 2000s. I think the Sky News bosses may have been a bit naive….and I find the David Platt lookalike quite brand eroding for Sky.

Does that mean they should decide their coverage based on Twitter reaction and the amateur news editors on there? They basically just had someone read Harry's evidence out loud, rather than dramatise the entire thing. I think it's good - back to the days when Sky used to try and go things a bit differently and just go for it with an idea.

A blooper during the News Hour at 6 earlier

up.metropol247.co.uk 
[-] The following 6 users Like TVenthusiasm's post:
  • bkman1990, Richard H, Roger Darthwell, SB678, SuperSajuuk, watchingtv

Sophy Ridge is getting a new political show from September. Seems like from the job description that it will be every night.

twitter.com 

TMD_24 Wrote:Sophy Ridge is getting a new political show from September. Seems like from the job description that it will be every night.

twitter.com 

Presumably it will replace one or both of her two current political shows.

Am assuming she will probably.be taking over the Sky News Tonight slot

(08-06-2023, 06:21 PM)AllanTheScot Wrote:  Am assuming she will probably.be taking over the Sky News Tonight slot

I wouldn't necessarily call Sky News Tonight a nightly political show, the job advert reads as if this is a new show designed for Sophy Ridge to present and not Sky News Tonight.

Is this the start of changes being implemented by David Rhodes?

(08-06-2023, 08:39 PM)Gibsy Wrote:  Is this the start of changes being implemented by David Rhodes?

It looks it and it wouldn't surprise me if a wider set of changes happen when September comes along. Sophy Ridge getting a nighty political show seems to be a start of it and given the fact she is going nightly she will probably lose her Sunday show to someone else. 

I think Sky will probably try to get a permanent presenter for the Sky News Tonight slot to replace Dermot Murnaghan. Wilfred Frost or Kamali Melbourne are probably the favourites if they are looking for someone full time rather than rotating those presenters.
[-] The following 3 users Like TMD_24's post:
  • AJB39, Gibsy, UTVLifer

(08-06-2023, 08:39 PM)Gibsy Wrote:  Is this the start of changes being implemented by David Rhodes?
Let's hope a new studio/set or better use of camera angles in the current glass box make an appearance again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Worzel's post:
  • Gibsy