Sky News

Kay Burley live, unusual timing, must be keen to be involved in the Nicola story

(19-02-2023, 09:09 PM)aaron_scotland Wrote:  Kay Burley live, unusual timing, must be keen to be involved in the Nicola story
I'm sure she's been there since Friday. She did a live detailed walk through the route with either a police representative or someone who was involved in the search.

Sky news and ITV news just called out in a press statement for intruding the privacy of Nicola Bulley’s family.

Sky have edited that bit out of the statement they have posted online and made no reference to it since

Will be interesting to see how the coverage changes over the next few hours/ days

(20-02-2023, 06:47 PM)Daveuk Wrote:  Sky news and ITV news just called out in a press statement for intruding the privacy of Nicola Bulley’s family.

Sky have edited that bit out of the statement they have posted online and made no reference to it since

Will be interesting to see how the coverage changes over the next few hours/ days

Very awkward coverage on Sky glossing over it...

Nicola Bulley's partner has been voluntarily sending voice messages to Sky News, so I wonder what the invasion of privacy claim is about.

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]
[-] The following 2 users Like VMPhil's post:
  • Alf Stewart, Hellsloot

(20-02-2023, 06:48 PM)aaron_scotland Wrote:  
(20-02-2023, 06:47 PM)Daveuk Wrote:  Sky news and ITV news just called out in a press statement for intruding the privacy of Nicola Bulley’s family.

Very awkward coverage on Sky glossing over it...

Yes I felt the same watching it live.

The way Sky News have presented it throughout the day and also how BBC News presented it with crediting Sky News - we were given the impression the family and the Sky Correspondent were at the very least on 'collaborative' terms.

(20-02-2023, 06:50 PM)VMPhil Wrote:  Nicola Bulley's partner has been voluntarily sending voice messages to Sky News, so I wonder what the invasion of privacy claim is about.

Oh really? Where is this documented? This could turn very ugly very quickly.

(20-02-2023, 06:51 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  
(20-02-2023, 06:48 PM)aaron_scotland Wrote:  Very awkward coverage on Sky glossing over it...

Yes I felt the same watching it live.

The way Sky News have presented it throughout the day and also how BBC News presented it with crediting Sky News - we were given the impression the family and the Sky Correspondent were at the very least on 'collaborative' terms.

(20-02-2023, 06:50 PM)VMPhil Wrote:  Nicola Bulley's partner has been voluntarily sending voice messages to Sky News, so I wonder what the invasion of privacy claim is about.

news.sky.com 

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]

Not the right call to edit that bit out of the statement posted online but in the 6pm hour they did show it in full and also have posted the clip on the website in full

The crisism of Sky News and ITV was for them trying to contact the family directly in the last 24 hours since the body was recovered when they had specifically asked for privacy at this time

Overall id say Sky's coverage has been very good although I did feel uncomfortable watching the live walk through on friday morning but it did give us a good idea of the geography of the area. How remote the paths were, How steep the banks were, How close the bench was to the gate etc

Edit 18:24: They have now updated it to say "The statement goes on to criticise Sky News and ITV, saying journalists had contacted the family yesterday when they had asked for privacy"

(20-02-2023, 07:17 PM)VMPhil Wrote:  
(20-02-2023, 06:51 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  Yes I felt the same watching it live.

news.sky.com 

Ok, but that was one message and not plural as suggested and it was WEEKS ago.
[-] The following 2 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • Otis Crump, Stooky Bill

(20-02-2023, 07:17 PM)Richard H Wrote:  Not the right call to edit that bit out of the statement posted online but in the 6pm hour they did show it in full and also have posted the clip on the website in full

The crisism of Sky News and ITV was for them trying to contact the family directly in the last 24 hours since the body was recovered when they had specifically asked for privacy at this time

Overall id say Sky's coverage has been very good although I did feel uncomfortable watching the live walk through on friday morning but it did give us a good idea of the geography of the area. How remote the paths were, How steep the banks were, How close the bench was to the gate etc

Edit 18:24: They have now updated it to say "The statement goes on to criticise Sky News and ITV, saying journalists had contacted the family yesterday when they had asked for privacy"

The walk through with Kay felt very misjudged. Voyeuristic and unnecessarily dramatic, particularly given the widespread criticism of the hoards of amateur detectives, youtubers and TikTok people who travelled to the village.

Perhaps justifiable earlier in investigation to prompt leads, but that moment passed long ago. 

Rather like the manufactured outrage over "revealing" the personal issues of the missing woman.  Everybody, every single journalist in the UK knows why they did this and the specific thing the police were doing to protect the wider family. For the same journalists to then go to rent a quote MPs to kick start a "misogyny" storyline was vile

Not some Broadcasters finest momemts