Sky News

Apparently you can't rewind on the YouTube stream anymore - just watched it and it seems you can only watch it live now
[-] The following 3 users Like TVenthusiasm's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, thePineapple

That happened a few months ago too and it was back within days. Not sure why it happens.

Seems like there was quite a prolonged breakdown on Sky News just now—I turned on to see the world weather filler three times over, followed by Ian King live apologising for the interruption to the programme and continuing.

Edit: He’s now working off his paper script after he told us that the teleprompter was showing the wrong story.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sjhoward's post:
  • DAWeeE1

(26-04-2023, 10:33 AM)sjhoward Wrote:  Seems like there was quite a prolonged breakdown on Sky News just now—I turned on to see the world weather filler three times over, followed by Ian King live apologising for the interruption to the programme and continuing.
Although the technical difficulties seemed to be resolved, they did break away for a 'non-business' breaking news event of the Home Secretary's speech about Police recruitment.

They've now pointed to a QR code in the sidebar to continue watching that, but had an issue with the next VT. Fortunately they already had the next interviewee in the studio ready to go.

Is it just me or does the studio Jayne Secker is coming from today look much better on screen than the glass box.

Is the glass box getting some maintainance done?

(27-04-2023, 11:24 AM)AllanTheScot Wrote:  Is it just me or does the studio Jayne Secker is coming from today look much better on screen than the glass box.

Is the glass box getting some maintainance done?

I believe it's due to local election rehearsals booking up the glass box/Millbank. Personally, I find Studio 6 (where Sky News is currently outputting from), to be feel quite claustrophobic and 'bunker' like.

(27-04-2023, 11:47 AM)southern_boy Wrote:  I believe it's due to local election rehearsals booking up the glass box/Millbank. Personally, I find Studio 6 (where Sky News is currently outputting from), to be feel quite claustrophobic and 'bunker' like.
I thought that generally only the CSO elements of Studio 6 were used these days. I'm surprised that the desk/LED screens are still there, although it's always worthwhile having a back-up.

(29-04-2023, 07:06 AM)Stuart Wrote:  
(27-04-2023, 11:47 AM)southern_boy Wrote:  I believe it's due to local election rehearsals booking up the glass box/Millbank. Personally, I find Studio 6 (where Sky News is currently outputting from), to be feel quite claustrophobic and 'bunker' like.
I thought that generally only the CSO elements of Studio 6 were used these days. I'm surprised that the desk/LED screens are still there, although it's always worthwhile having a back-up.
CSO and hard set are both still in-place. You're correct that the CSO side is used day-to-day. The hard end is very rarely used nowerdays.
[-] The following 4 users Like southern_boy's post:
  • Kojak, London Lite, Stuart, UTVLifer

Have to say I really like the special Coronation strap graphic below - very elegant indeed and the gold line which extends to the whole strap - something we don't usually see.

[Image: Gold%20coronation%20strap.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like TVenthusiasm's post:
  • bkman1990, Jeff, UTVLifer

Sky News carrying news of a controlled explosion outside Buckingham Palace and a man arrested after throwing what seem to be shotgun shells into the grounds. Very calm and measured commentating so far:

news.sky.com