General Bauer Radio Discussion

(29-03-2024, 01:18 PM)James2001 Wrote:  I've been listening to GHR for years and never picked up that it's Dawn French doing all those voiceovers...
Indeed, she's been doing them since launch...

www.bauermedia.co.uk 

As a Cornwall resident she'll finally be able to hear her voiceovers in a few weeks

The only stations I see as 'safe' left are Bauer's two NI stations, Downtown Radio and Cool FM which are 24/7 produced from Newtownards.

If the upcoming Media Bill allows stations from the ROI to launch on DAB, then I could see GHR replacing Downtown across and Hits Radio on 97.4 in Belfast as listeners from either side could listen to UK or Irish stations on linear radio regardless, although I'd rather there was still a mainstream commercial station catering to all people in NI.
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • BBI45

Just heard the second half hour of Kate Thornton's Smash Hits years- 1994. Which had 4 songs from 1991, 1 from 1992 and a grand total of 1 from the year they were supposedly covering.

Absolute are now making the move across from One Golden Square to The Lantern - Leona Graham’s filmed a lengthy farewell vlog with a look around the old place.

youtu.be 
[-] The following 4 users Like lookoutwales's post:
  • AndrewP, London Lite, NickyBoy, what

Have to say The Lantern looks very swish and spacious compared to OGS.

Yeah, quite how they managed to squeeze in all those other stations into what was originally just Virgin.

I hadn't realised where the new Bauer place was, it's not far from where Capital was originally, under the famous Euston Tower which can be seen in Leonna's video

I really like the look of the new studios. They have the visual style required for the current social media age, but still look like radio studios. I think this gives them a more intimate feel than Global’s ‘TV studios on the radio’ approach.

I checked how far The Lantern is from Golden Square and it's not far at all. Tube takes about 13 minutes, buses around 20 minutes and if you wanted to walk it, it's 31 minutes.

It's not the hustle and bustle of Soho but it's still in a nice area.

(05-04-2024, 07:30 PM)Spencer Wrote:  I really like the look of the new studios. They have the visual style required for the current social media age, but still look like radio studios. I think this gives them a more intimate feel than Global’s ‘TV studios on the radio’ approach.

BIG changes are coming to Global's studios... that's all I say! Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like DeMarkay's post:
  • AndrewP, London Lite, lookoutwales, Spencer

[Thread split from - pres.cafe  ]

The more general day to day discussion on Bauer radio stations that had built up over the past few months did not belong in the Ken Bruce thread any longer so has been split out here into its own thread. We know these 'megathreads' can be difficult to follow though, so if there is a significant development or change to the presentation on any of the Bauer stations, as opposed to just chat on daily operations or listening figure updates, we'd still encourage a new thread to be started around it.

Although occasionally posts in here have veered onto discussion of Global too given the nature of the big radio groups, the Global group has their own separate thread here:-
pres.cafe 

Sorry it had not been spotted just how off-topic the original thread had gotten earlier. It's at this point that once again we would request that when a topic does start getting several pages off topic and you think could benefit from being either renamed or split to please help out by using the 'report a post' function on the forum to alert the mod team. Whilst we may not agree with and action everything, it will certainly get noticed and looked into quicker that way than posting off topic complaints in the middle of a big thread will.
[-] The following 6 users Like Frappé's post:
  • AndrewP, BBI45, Josh, lookoutwales, Stooky Bill, UTVLifer