2024 Local Elections

(Yesterday, 10:01 AM)UTVLifer Wrote:  The lack of any Saturday coverage from the BBC is surprising though not unexpected, especially as only 4 out of the 10 metro mayor results will be announced on Friday

x.com 

I'd assume because it would be as part of standard BBC News Channel content, maybe an excuse to break into an "UK Only" period for the duration of vote declarations?

(Yesterday, 08:16 PM)interestednovice Wrote:  I think that makes sense as isn’t Friday, during the day, expected to be when the large majority of results actually come in? I know in my own area, which is having an election, we are not going to have results until Friday afternoon as they are not counting overnight.

Most of the council results will be announced overnight and during Friday, as well as 4/10 metro mayors, with the rest of the results coming on Saturday according to this complication list from the Press Association though some PCC results are spilling over into Sunday

election.pressassociation.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • dvboy, interestednovice, RhysJR

Very surprising to see no confirmation yet of who is presenting the BBC's overnight coverage on Thursday

The i were saying last week that it'll be Laura K but there's been nothing official with just 2 days to go

inews.co.uk 

Laura said she was presenting the coverage at the end of 'Sunday', and there's also a BBC News trailer with her in Studio B promoting the coverage.
[-] The following 2 users Like PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • fatal paper cut, UTVLifer

On Weekend NewsCast this week, there was a discussion between Laura and Henry Z about 'the overnight shift'. While not an explicit confirmation it certainly sounded like it would be her.
[-] The following 1 user Likes neonemesis's post:
  • UTVLifer

I remember reports a few months ago suggesting a Laura and Clive double act was the plan for GE election night. Given there's been no mention of Clive ahead of the locals, it maybe suggests this isn't going to be the case? You'd think this is the perfect rehearsal for the general?