Gavin & Stacey to return again

They always squeeze more in than you think but imagine The Wheel will be the casualty.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • UTVLifer

(04-05-2024, 05:49 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  They always squeeze more in than you think but imagine The Wheel will be the casualty.

There's already a 30min slot going with Ghosts gone, so they'll push EE later again like in 2019 and slot Gavin & Stacey in between Midwife and EE

Wouldn't surprise me if Call the Midwife if bumped to Boxing Day.

Assuming there's a Doctor Who Christmas episode, that's a lot of drama to pack into one day, with only Strictly breaking up the variety if The Wheel gets moved too.

Always felt Call the Midwife felt more like a Boxing Day show but it's as stubborn a Christmas Day fixture as Mrs Brown's Boys.

Strictly seems to get earlier every year and perhaps wouldn't feel out of place immediately after the King. Indeed it might even rate better there.

At this point, I'm like 95% sure that Midwife's 90 minute Christmas Day slot is a contractual obligation.

Strictly fluctuates depending on how long the film before it is, with Doctor Who now coming after it

Based on last year's schedule with EE at 9.45pm I'd tip Gavin and Stacey to air at 8.45pm and Call the Midwife to be an hour earlier than last year.

It’s definitely some sort of contractual obligation that Mrs Brown’s Boys starts in the 10pm hour, or ‘they don’t have to make it,’ according to Brendan O’Carroll.

Maybe they cut Eastenders down, but is there much point in even showing it if it won’t be on till 10/10.15? Here’s my prediction or at least what I think should happen at least:

3.10pm - Film
4.40pm - Strictly
5.40pm - Doctor Who
6.35pm - The Wheel
7.30pm - Wallace and Gromit
8.45pm - Gavin & Stacey
9.45pm - Eastenders
10.45pm - Mrs Brown’s Boys

If Wallace and Gromit is that long, it may well BE the post-King film. So...

3.10pm Wallace and Gromit
4.25pm Strictly
5.25pm Doctor Who
6.20pm The Wheel
7.15pm Call The Midwife
8.45pm Gavin & Stacey
9.45pm EastEnders
10.45pm Mrs Brown's Boys

I can't see it being longer than half an hour really given the BBC involvement.

Assume Gavin and Stacey will be an hour but that could be feature length itself, though not sure we've had a comedy Christmas special longer than an hour since the 90s.