Regional ITV company promos

(04-09-2022, 07:30 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  I seem to think that Yorkshire used both, presumably at the whim of the transmission controller. They also had a version which continued into the full instrumental mix of the Get Ready for ITV tune for use at startup under a menu sequence.

I seem to recall the latter getting an outing during a breakdown too

I don’t recall YTV using the “full stop” version of the jingle, but I was only an occasional viewer. 

I do recall the long/full version, which was also played in part at 5am, just before the ITN Morning News. This version actually sounded a bit like two jingles mixed together as the volume seemed to increase after the initial bars of the tune. Oddly, the “Yorkshire Television” text  wiped off right-to-left at about the same time the music became louder - not sure if that ever happened at start-up, if they were using the same recording of the ident. 

Tyne Tees actually did appear to have a recording of the longer track, as they were known to use it as breakdown music in 1991-92.

THE NEXT POST FOLLOWS SHORTLY…
[-] The following 1 user Likes Si-Co's post:
  • Former Member 443

Here's an interesting find. A bit of Self promotion for TSW to sell advertiser space. You used to see these more often
www.youtube.com 

[Image: SAD%20BLU2.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blubatt's post:
  • TJTSW

Here's an advert about advertising on Central, being shown on LWT

youtu.be 

(28-09-2022, 05:14 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  Here's an advert about advertising on Central, being shown on LWT

youtu.be 

It makes sense to do that, London during the weekend, a lot of company headquarters are in London. But it is weird to see an advert to advertise on one ITV company's region playing on another region

[Image: SAD%20BLU2.png]

This happened a few times. There are a couple of different examples of Ulster TV promoting their advertising on Channel 4 in the London area, such as this one at 02:33;

youtu.be 

Credit - ADC TV Collection

THE NEXT POST FOLLOWS SHORTLY…

Similar to most of the regions having a London office selling advertising I guess.

Here's a couple of smaller campaigns in London...

This one by Thames, boasting viewing figures, featuring a less-seen "You watch us" tagline, while on the death road in mid-1992:
youtu.be 

And probably from the same era, with the synonymous "A talent for television" and an A to W of their shows:
youtu.be 

Finally, their sucessor Carlton, promoting possibly their talk show lineup with "Bringing you the best (sic)", shown before LNN's After 5:
youtu.be 

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt

Sorry for bumping up an old thread, but I think this is kind of relevent: An Anglia News promo circa 92-93, judging by the bus tour at the middle.
twitter.com 

The slow background track really reminds me of the Channel 5 News open in Family Guy Big Grin

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt

Regional companies often differed in what billboard advertising they done. Scottish didn't do much, if any, yet in 1991, Tyne Tees were promoting themselves on some Go Ahead Northern double deckers, one with a photo of Tom o Connor, and it reading "Tom o Connor entertains us. WIN THROUGH WITH TYNE TEES "
[-] The following 1 user Likes robertclark125's post:
  • W. Knight

Makes sense they'd use him, since he was presenting Cross Wits, a Tyne Tees show, at the time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JAS84's post:
  • robertclark125