PBS News - PBS NewsHour - new branding sets

I think the newscaststudio article mentioned they changed the logo to use the same font as the exclusive PBS font so there is a more unified network look. Which is saying alot because there is hardly anything "unified" about PBS. Too bad its not single structure.

TvNewser interviewed the creatives about the process for creating the new look for PBS News

www.adweek.com 

Here is deep dive newscaststudio article with the creator director behind the new graphics package.

www.newscaststudio.com 

I like the new look, glad they kept theme arrangement. I like how the set is still simple, clean, and classy. It shows that you can make a good looking set, not spend that much, and make something that works and looks really nice. Though I would always wonder if PBS had like a BBC News budget what they'd pull off, but this is nice.
I like how the graphics are clean and simple too. Plus compared to commercial networks their newscast isn't flash , doesn't call every single story Breaking News (cough NBC, CBS, ABC) , the anchors aren't overly dramatic and talk in a strange version of English (ABC), the lower 3rds show up when needed and go away, kind of an old fashion way of doing it in the US when everyone else -even local news- has gone with lower 3rds on screen the whole time during stories.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sky303's post:
  • mouseboy33

(14-06-2024, 08:40 PM)sky303 Wrote:  I like the new look, glad they kept theme arrangement. I like how the set is still simple, clean, and classy. It shows that you can make a good looking set, not spend that much, and make something that works and looks really nice. Though I would always wonder if PBS had like a BBC News budget what they'd pull off, but this is nice.
I like how the graphics are clean and simple too. Plus compared to commercial networks their newscast isn't flash , doesn't call every single story Breaking News (cough NBC, CBS, ABC) , the anchors aren't overly dramatic and talk in a strange version of English (ABC), the lower 3rds show up when needed and go away, kind of an old fashion way of doing it in the US when everyone else -even local news- has gone with lower 3rds on screen the whole time during stories.

Kinda worth noting that both the anchors are NBC & MSNBC contributor.

Here’s the official planning documents. The building is 30 feet wide at its narrowest with a finished floor of 68.53 feet length at its longest in the occupier floors (it’s about 71 ft long for the roof garden). I don’t see how that ads up to 17,000 sq ft. Maybe they’re including adjacent areas that they renovated.

arlingtonva.s3.amazonaws.com 

Washington Week has moved into the new set, plus a minor change to the lower thirds - "If you noticed the table, I built it myself".
www.youtube.com 

Newshour's weekend and West editions have adopted to the new look last week.

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt

As a regular viewer of Washington Week, I was worried the programme would lose the intimate, Friday evening feel in a spacious studio.

However, I'm very impressed that vibe has been retained, as well as new sunset shots of Washington landmarks. The table looks a bit larger which is an improvement as contributors often looked a little crammed next to each other, but the darker background still makes it feel cosy in a good way.

Thank goodness the headline strap now continues the whole way across the screen, that used to drive me nuts the same way Politics Live does!