Eurovision Song Contest 2023

(01-02-2023, 01:53 PM)gottago Wrote:  I can see Rylan more now, he was a lot better last night than I remember him being a few years ago. I think AJ must be a certainty, she's really matured as a host.
Which is ironic really, considering she unfairly in my opinion was dumped from Bit on the Side in favour of Rylan going solo.

(01-02-2023, 12:05 PM)RDJ Wrote:  With the hosts I'm finding it difficult to decide what would be the perfect line up.

I think given Rylan and AJ's performance yesterday it would be fair to say that they will likely be presenters - as has happened with presenters for the Semi Final allocation draws over the past few years.

I think Graham Norton could make fleeting appearances as a 'presenter' maybe at the beginning and the end (a la Wogan 1998) - without being an official presenter and sticking to the commentary which he has already said he wants to do.

I do think Timur Miroshnychenko would the ideal Ukrainian element to it, even if he has presented the contest before. I think his occasional appearances on British TV is gearing him up to be presenter.

And I think in terms of a fourth presenter for green room interview elements, I would say Alison Hammond would be ideal if they can get her.

So 4 (and a half) presenters that I can see hosting the contest. I suppose we won't have long to wait to find out.

I still think they'd like someone with more of an international profile just to lift the presenting team to be more A-list.   Just a shame there is no obvious Liverpudlian candidate at the moment.    I think assuming AJ & Rylan are included the 4th will be a nod to Ukraine.

The stage has been unveiled

twitter.com 

I'd be surprised if Timur Miroshnychenko doesn't end up with a role in the finals.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DavidWhitfield's post:
  • UTVLifer

I'm underwhelmed to be honest, not really liking the back screens; but we'll have to wait for when it is actually built and in use.

I hope the curved side panels are nod to the Birmingham 1998 stage.
[Image: eurovision_1998_audeince.jpg]

(02-02-2023, 12:52 PM)AxG Wrote:  I'm underwhelmed to be honest, not really liking the back screens; but we'll have to wait for when it is actually built and in use.

I hope the curved side panels are nod to the Birmingham 1998 stage.
[Image: eurovision_1998_audeince.jpg]

Apparently they represent a 'wide hug'... www.bbc.co.uk 

But got to admit my first instinct was that it does have a lot of similarities to 1998! Hopefully the lighting will do it justice.... the renders for the lighting for Rotterdam's looked great in reality it all felt a little drab.
[-] The following 2 users Like Earlie37's post:
  • Happy2001, UTVLifer

The stage looks great although the performance area itself perhaps lacks a little bit of depth compared to other years.

I agree, although in recent years acts seem to build their own set (including screens) in front of any screen and set design pieces anyway.

No whispers yet on the UK entry? I've read it's down to four including some known names - must admit after last year whenever Scott Mills plays a new act and showers them with praise I wonder if they're sneaking the song out there again.

(02-02-2023, 11:19 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  No whispers yet on the UK entry?  I've read it's down to four including some known names - must admit after last year whenever Scott Mills plays a new act and showers them with praise I wonder if they're sneaking the song out there again.

There are rumours of Ellie Goulding, and Radio 2 did play a song “off her forthcoming album” today. You’re right though, it could well be a song we’ve already heard.

No idea about the UK’s entry, but I can exclusively reveal Ireland’s planned entry - and it’s not what you’d think:

youtu.be 
[-] The following 3 users Like Kojak's post:
  • AJB39, DeMarkay, Roger Darthwell