Weather Pres

(10-02-2024, 11:43 PM)Andrew Wrote:  I don’t think I’ve seen Ruth Dodsworth do the ITV National Weather before

Good morning britain a fair bit.

(10-02-2024, 11:43 PM)Andrew Wrote:  I don’t think I’ve seen Ruth Dodsworth do the ITV National Weather before

Ruth has done it before. They seem to use her or Jo Blythe to cover national shifts.
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • Superman1986

Yeah, we had a case on one Sunday during the Rugby World Cup when the national weather came from Cardiff, and the Welsh weather came from Birmingham(?).

Ruth also did a lot of GMB over Christmas and a few other occasions as mentioned above.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • Superman1986

Interesting video explainer of the KAKELand WeatherPlex that air on KAKE-TV in Wichita, Kansas. Its wild how big the set is. But i goes to show how serious they take weather in tornado alley.

www.youtube.com 

Here is the set in use.
www.youtube.com 

www.youtube.com 

From the Greenburg KS tornado that took a direct hit and completely leveled the town. It was such a famous and devastating tornado. Leonard Dicaprio co-produced a documentary series about that aired for 3 years about the towns recovery. And its efforts to go green. It aired originally on one of the Discovery Channel's sister ecological channels Planet Green.

en.wikipedia.org 

Wow im impressed with the live shot and how this meteorologist is becoming known for these low-cost use of existing tech to do something different. Interesting.

www.newscaststudio.com 

The astons on ITV Weather National and Regional look like they got tweaked yesterday or Wednesday

They’re now positioned in the top right and also include other information popping up such as moon phase, UV and sunrise/sunset.

Surprised they didn't take the opportunity to update the ITV logo at the same time. Pretty odd on ITVX the weather forecast includes a content warning.

(19-04-2024, 07:33 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Surprised they didn't take the opportunity to update the ITV logo at the same time. Pretty odd on ITVX the weather forecast includes a content warning.

The feeling one gets from watching the forecast 90% of the time that seems appropiate these days 🌧

Guess it's a thing because it is/was a live broadcast. A content warning on live feeds is pretty common on other streamers (Prime Video for example).

ITV Wales' Ruth Dodsworth did the ITV Evening News weather bulletin from the studio in London for what I think is the first time today. She has presented the Good Morning Britain forecasts from London and the weekend national forecasts from Cardiff in the recent past, but I think this is her first time on the Evening News. By my count, she is only the fourth person to do this forecast in the current format (Alex Beresford, Becky Mantin and Jo Blythe the others I recall).

On a seperate but related note, I'm not sure why ITV Wales don't employ someone to be Ruth's deputy for their forecasts as she is often absent, especially when filming Coast and Country. Previously, Kate Lewis and Kelsey Redmore have deputised whilst still being news reporters; whilst both are still on staff, Kate only does reporting/presenting, whilst Kelsey is a producer on Coast and Country and only appears on screen once in a blue moon these days. This means ITV Wales forecasts often come from elsewhere.