Weather Pres

The ITV Northern Ireland weather comes from Norwich with Aisling Creevey rather than Belfast, but some relief presenters do it from the Belfast studios

Little weather history. Tornado developes live from Chopper 4 Oklahoma City.
www.youtube.com 

Fantastic work from the BBC Weather team

twitter.com 
[-] The following 8 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • AJB39, callumwatchestelly, Jeff, Reith85, scottishtv, Stuart, TVFan, Yorksman

Here is a nice synopsis of why local tv meteorologists are so important and basically revered on tv news in the US and Canada. I remember some on one of the forums saying "cant they just read off the warnings seated in front a blank wall". Short answer. NO and this video hightlights a good reason why.

www.youtube.com 

If you are confused about tornado terminology. Swegle studios did a good primer and explainer in 2parts. its a must watch it live outside the US and are confused about terms.
www.youtube.com 

www.youtube.com 

A thrilling new subplot to the Channel 4 weather

twitter.com 

twitter.com 

Hapoy belated 100th birthday to the Shipping Forecast.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • AndrewP, DE88, Reith85, Roger Darthwell

I see Nick Miller has moved from BBC to ITV - he was on this morning doing the weather for Meridian
[-] The following 1 user Likes mccanmat's post:
  • Superman1986

After updating their news graphics last year, TVN in Chile has updated their forecasts, TV Tiempo, retiring the 2018 graphics and their even older symbol (on video thumbnails).
www.youtube.com 

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt

(10-01-2024, 10:15 AM)mccanmat Wrote:  I see Nick Miller has moved from BBC to ITV - he was on this morning doing the weather for Meridian

Yeah, he was on ITV Channel Islands weather last Friday, took me by surprise too

(10-01-2024, 10:15 AM)mccanmat Wrote:  I see Nick Miller has moved from BBC to ITV - he was on this morning doing the weather for Meridian

This afternoon he was presenting the Calendar weather for the first time.
[-] The following 3 users Like Yorksman's post:
  • bilky asko, bkman1990, Superman1986