The Big Breakfast Discussion

It feels like a show that's been made by artificial intelligence. All the key ingredients are there but it's way off. Resulting in the the very worst case of forced fun.

The racists are alive with music on Twitter moaning about the hosts colour under the Big Breakfast hashtag. Which is first trending in the UK.

I think it’s been a brilliant show so far.
They have definitely captured the energy of the original and last year’s show albeit from a different house; the new house has been decorated well to give it that BB feel.

The only thing that seems missing are titles and old style break stings, but for 4 episodes the current stings work.

The guests have been well selected, with lots of people who loved the show, and of course Denise Van Outen was a great link to the old show, and has brought a lot of energy to the show.

The competitions dragging a bit. Doesn’t help that no one has a clue how to play the game, think the times a bit short too.

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that. Bright, brash and a welcome bit of escapism from all the doom and gloom.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Viper's post:
  • fanoftv

Just watching back the first hour as i missed it live. I enjoyed all of it. The living room space space works well. 

Some pics here and a floorplan of the new house:
www.studiohire.com 

They turned the games room in to a makeshift kitchen just off the family room.

An edit of this morning's The Big Breakfast on Channel 4, providing some insights into the presentation and general style of the show.

videopress.com 

It made sense having the news in the original daily morning series, and the one off special, but hearing about Salman Rushdie's current situation post stabbing just feels weird in what is now a weekly pure entertainment show. In the same way it would be weird to have news during Sunday Brunch.

(13-08-2022, 05:53 PM)gottago Wrote:  It made sense having the news in the original daily morning series, and the one off special, but hearing about Salman Rushdie's current situation post stabbing just feels weird in what is now a weekly pure entertainment show. In the same way it would be weird to have news during Sunday Brunch.

Yes, agree - they clearly wanted Phil Gayle (who hasn’t aged!) to be part of it which makes sense but it’d be better doing a bit of entertainment/showbiz news as opposed to hard news I think to suit the show.

The one thing I did notice (besides the tone shift) with the news was the pretty poor keying, especially in the top left corner of the image.