The Big Breakfast Discussion

(27-09-2022, 10:09 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Quite a historical news day on that video as well- mentioning George Michael's arrest and the Northern Ireland negotiations- which led to the Good Friday agreement the following day. Also interesting to notice that at the start of the show when they show the clip of Robbie Williams being interviewed, you can see the Big Breakfast logo on the mic, yet on later bulletins they've blanked it out. Not sure why they felt the need to blank out their own logo.

Interesting to see the Bigger Breakfast branding being used at 7AM as well, because most of what I remember had 7-9 being branded as the regular Big Breakfast, with the Bigger Breakfast branding and hosts only coming in at 9. Does still look like it was the regular BB format until 9 though, with the various shows and other bits not coming in until later. A shame that video only runs to 8:30, so we don't see any of the Bigger Breakfast stuff.

Also at the start you get a glimpse of the brown house as the camera enters through the kitchen door and the 97 kitchen is still there. I'm guessing they changed the kitchen when the newer windows were put in?

Why not have a look around The Big Breakfast house on TV Weekly? (From 4:00 in)

youtu.be 

Surprised nobody noticed this, but today is the 30th anniversary of the launch of The Big Breakfast metro.co.uk 

Here is the entirety of that first ever Big Breakfast www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Roger Darthwell's post:
  • AJB39

I think this is from the week in September 1995 when Zoe Ball was announced as Gaby Roslin's replacement. For whatever reason, Zig and Zag spent a week in a tent in the front garden. https://www.youtube.com/shorts/OYCNyyYO3pU

Has anyone heard if there are any rumblings of a second summer of Breakfast? It's a year since the 'first' series was announced.

Absolutely none. AJ was on Mo's show last week - I didn't catch it but I'd assume if it was returning it would have been mentioned and subsequently reported.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • smeg_head

So it's not quite a recommissioning of The Big Brekkie, but it's close enough:

twitter.com 

Johnny and Denise are reuniting to host an edition of Steph's Packed Lunch next week.
[-] The following 4 users Like RDJ's post:
  • AJB39, Brekkie, Happy2001, Roger Darthwell

Interesting because they’d fallen out when they were doing Capital Breakfast together. So good if they’ve made up.

Ah, they were guests on the show a few weeks back (well Johnny was, Denise is a regular contributor). Missed it on Channel 4 so I meant to try and catch up on Channel 4 but didn't get round to it. Not sure if it would still be up.

I saw Johnny today (at work) and he’s very excited about it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DeMarkay's post:
  • TJTSW