Dave Presentation

i.imgur.com 
Web Image

Trapped in the office... these ones are a lot more self-deprecating, acknowledging that there's someone actually writing them.
[-] The following 4 users Like dbl's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, Happy2001, JosiahStuart, Roger Darthwell

With there also being a one added in using a banana-themed background going out tonight, I idly wondered whether some of these images were possibly part of the batch of bumpers/stings they'd teased with the original UKTV press release but which never seemed to appear on broadcast, just now with new text/elements overlaid. But going back to dig it out, it seems the images appearing now appear to all be new. Given we're a year into the rebrand and only a few of these were used, I'm guessing they've decided not to use quite a lot of the original ones which were shown in the release on broadcast.

res.cloudinary.com 
Web Image

TV Whirl - Since 2001
[-] The following 1 user Likes TesTVWhirl's post:
  • callumwatchestelly

I feel like those were more proof of concept rather than it actually being a bumper. To prove it's adaptable etc..
[-] The following 1 user Likes dbl's post:
  • callumwatchestelly

Keep an eye out for the Press releases tomorrow.

Some festive additions from Dave this year in the form of 'christmas messages'. Pre-recorded continuity wrapped round messages written onto the screen in the house style. The capture came through fine on here (from satellite), but when I first saw this last night via Freeview on TV itself that slow zoom into a busy background image of pine needles was definitely causing a bit of upset with the MPEG2 compression!

www.tvwhirl.co.uk 
Web Image

Video
www.tvwhirl.co.uk 

TV Whirl - Since 2001

Yep, it's Dave Advent calender. They put a promo out on social asking for messages from viewers. A gift via Dave... running all the way til Christmas. 9pm or close to 9pm depending on the schedule

After going on a bit of a hiatus during December, possibly as they had the 9pm advent calendar instead, and then January too I was starting to wonder whether they'd decided to drop the 'witty' break bumpers already. But it seems they have returned with a refreshed batch for Dave from February. As several of these refer to the month of February specifically, it looks likely we'll see these being updated in the pres package most months.

www.tvwhirl.co.uk 

My personal favourite of the new batch so far has to be the Space Invaders themed one though.

www.tvwhirl.co.uk 

TV Whirl - Since 2001
[-] The following 4 users Like TesTVWhirl's post:
  • Andrew Wood, insert_good_username_here, Joe, RhysJR

Dave - famed for repeats! 😉

theident.gallery 

[Image: tig96x96.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like Andrew Wood's post:
  • insert_good_username_here, RhysJR, TesTVWhirl

Indeed, it's like a quarterly thing now (and will carry on when 'U' arrives)
[-] The following 1 user Likes dbl's post:
  • insert_good_username_here

(02-02-2024, 06:59 PM)dbl Wrote:  Indeed, it's like a quarterly thing now (and will carry on when 'U' arrives)

That's slightly depressing to hear that 'U' is really going to go ahead. I'm going to have a shower and hope it's all a bad dream...

[Image: tig96x96.png]
[-] The following 5 users Like Andrew Wood's post:
  • ethanjbrady, insert_good_username_here, James2001, Stuart, VMPhil