The Sport Thread - For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own

And this is how it happened

twitter.com 

(17-01-2023, 09:01 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  And this is how it happened

twitter.com 

Surely it must have have a Bluetooth speaker connected to a phone? No way that phone is that loud

Shades of Jazz FM

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 1 user Likes TIGHazard's post:
  • Happy2001

The BBC have issued a statement apologising for the pre-match soundtrack. Thankfully they got through half time with any hiccups!

twitter.com 

twitter.com 

Interesting to see the Bulls @ Pistols NBA game on Thursday night was advertised as being on BBC Three at the end of the FA Cup coverage. Can't see any confirmation of this in the schedules or elsewhere so watch this space. I know Sky often put matches on YouTube so will be intersting to see if this is a one-off expansion of that or something more long term if it materialises.

Some cricket and rugby commentary news: Ian Smith has announced he left Sky Sport NZ at the end of last year. It was a pleasant surprise to hear him cover the Australia home tests over Christmas for Fox (heard on BT Sport in the UK). With TVNZ taking over the NZ domestic rights from next winter there could be an opening for him there, and I guess he will remain quite prominent on ICC commentaries.

twitter.com 

(17-01-2023, 11:11 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Interesting to see the Bulls @ Pistols NBA game on Thursday night was advertised as being on BBC Three at the end of the FA Cup coverage. Can't see any confirmation of this in the schedules or elsewhere so watch this space. I know Sky often put matches on YouTube so will be intersting to see if this is a one-off expansion of that or something more long term if it materialises.

I said when BBC Three relaunched that they should look into US sports and anime, as they are niches, but certainly more widespread now than they were during the original channel's run for the target audience. If this is more long term for the NBA, I could see the NFL wanting to get back in with the BBC. Maybe I'm watching the wrong ITV channels but I remember the press release saying something like "the move to ITV will promote the show and live games more"... well I certainly didn't see any London game promotions on main ITV, which is where they were broadcast, whereas BBC 1 did. I guess we'll have to see if the Super Bowl gets promoted during the Six Nations.

(18-01-2023, 12:13 AM)TIGHazard Wrote:  
(17-01-2023, 11:11 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Interesting to see the Bulls @ Pistols NBA game on Thursday night was advertised as being on BBC Three at the end of the FA Cup coverage. Can't see any confirmation of this in the schedules or elsewhere so watch this space. I know Sky often put matches on YouTube so will be intersting to see if this is a one-off expansion of that or something more long term if it materialises.

I said when BBC Three relaunched that they should look into US sports and anime, as they are niches, but certainly more widespread now than they were during the original channel's run for the target audience. If this is more long term for the NBA, I could see the NFL wanting to get back in with the BBC. Maybe I'm watching the wrong ITV channels but I remember the press release saying something like "the move to ITV will promote the show and live games more"... well I certainly didn't see any London game promotions on main ITV, which is where they were broadcast, whereas BBC 1 did. I guess we'll have to see if the Super Bowl gets promoted during the Six Nations.

The Super Bowl will definitely be plugged during the Six Nations, it is a given.  Any reason why they won't?

(17-01-2023, 09:27 PM)TIGHazard Wrote:  Shades of Jazz FM

www.bbc.co.uk 

Quite ironic given how former presenter Martin Kelner used to change the vowel in the station's name for comedic effect.

Confirmation:

twitter.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like Velvetiser's post:
  • bkman1990, Happy2001, RhysJR

(18-01-2023, 12:09 PM)Velvetiser Wrote:  
Confirmation:

twitter.com 
BBC doing their own presentation abd commentary apparently

twitter.com