Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Jun 2024 (BBC News Channel/BBC One)

(22-05-2024, 05:34 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  A Sky News test card just appeared on BBC News just now - presumably from the pool feed.
Yes it was. Pleased I immediately identified the encoder being used based on the no signal font and message layout. (We have some of the same that I did the installation / setup of, so it wasn’t hard!)

x.com 

(Note - they are no relation to the open source OBS software.)
[-] The following 6 users Like News Engineer's post:
  • AndrewP, bilky asko, bkman1990, bob, chrisherald, interestednovice

(22-05-2024, 08:29 PM)Keith Wrote:  after 7pm UK time they no longer have the capability to provide a split UK/World service, which in fairness was a bit struggle even pre-merger.

I thought we were told spilts were possible up until 11pm UK time (until the start of Newsday, when London signs off for the night).
[-] The following 1 user Likes interestednovice's post:
  • chrisherald

Wonder why Mishal is fronting the Ten tonight? Doesn’t usually do weekdays.

I know we had decades where men dominated as newsreaders, but it seems odd that the BBC only have one male newsreader now. For BBC One bulletins I mean.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!

(22-05-2024, 10:13 PM)Moz Wrote:  Wonder why Mishal is fronting the Ten tonight? Doesn’t usually do weekdays.

I know we had decades where men dominated as newsreaders, but it seems odd that the BBC only have one male newsreader now. For BBC One bulletins I mean.

Mishal no longer does Sundays and instead does a similar number of weekdays across the year (a couple of days a month on average but typically more around holidays and less at other times).
I suspect tonight will be because of the combination of Ben and Jane piloting in Salford and Sophie being too busy looking at flowers to read the news this week. Also unless Ben Brown or Clive Myrie have undergone a very recent sex change there’s still 2 regular men on the BBC One bulletins.
[-] The following 5 users Like qwerty123's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, FelixJBAuk, James, London Lite

(22-05-2024, 10:19 PM)qwerty123 Wrote:  Mishal no longer does Sundays and instead does a similar number of weekdays across the year (a couple of days a month on average but typically more around holidays and less at other times).
I suspect tonight will be because of the combination of Ben and Jane piloting in Salford and Sophie being too busy looking at flowers to read the news this week. Also unless Ben Brown or Clive Myrie have undergone a very recent sex change there’s still 2 regular men on the BBC One bulletins.

I thought Ben Brown had gone to the News Channel only?

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!

(22-05-2024, 10:25 PM)Moz Wrote:  I thought Ben Brown had gone to the News Channel only?

No part time news channel as well as his BBC One bulletins, hence the piloting in Salford

(22-05-2024, 10:25 PM)Moz Wrote:  I thought Ben Brown had gone to the News Channel only?

He’s still a regular presenter of the One and Weekend bulletins at the minute. He may well return to NC only once the One has a permanent presenter in Salford but when his return to the NC was announced it was said he would be combining it with his BBC One work.
[-] The following 2 users Like qwerty123's post:
  • Moz, TVfan23

That was a strange ending to the Ten

Mishal closed the programme and it ended with a montage
Then we had the weather from the Ten studio that we hadn’t previously seen
Then unexpectedly Mishal reappeared again, to close the programme again and hand to the regions
[-] The following 3 users Like Andrew's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald, octothorpe

I'm assuming that's the reason why North West Today seems to have been kept hidden in the "broom cupboard" at dinnertime, then?

(22-05-2024, 10:49 PM)Andrew Wrote:  That was a strange ending to the Ten

Mishal closed the programme and it ended with a montage
Then we had the weather from the Ten studio that we hadn’t previously seen
Then unexpectedly Mishal reappeared again, to close the programme again and hand to the regions

That'll be so World don't see the UK Weather forecast and the throw to the regions. But yes.... clunky. Why World can't just opt out early is anyones guess.

NC saw breakfiller at least 10 minutes before the end of the programme, but ended up with six minutes worth of it until the start of Newsnight.
[-] The following 2 users Like RDJ's post:
  • AndrewP, chrisherald
Thread Closed