Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: Apr 2023 - Jun 2024 (BBC News Channel/BBC One)

(30-05-2024, 07:28 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  To be honest it doesn't really matter what the presenter is sitting on, or if they're perching or standing. You only see them in a mid close shot. Lot of fuss over nothing

Wouldn’t say there was a lot of fuss. Just people having a conversation and giving their view on the new set up, which is the point of a discussion forum.
[-] The following 3 users Like Chud's post:
  • CNN1992, interestednovice, mouseboy33

(30-05-2024, 06:56 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  And I'd rather a sofa than them stood outside Downing Street or Westminster.

Yes, personally I'd switch it out for a more formal desk and chair combination but sitting on a sofa won't affect the journalistic value of the programme in any way.

P.S. Surely worth having a permanent Salford based national weather presenter now too given this move.

This is one area I'm intrigued to see how they deal with. Are Carol and Matt going to appear in the studio once a week with Simon perhaps doing the other days?

Simon's actually been based in Salford since Five Live moved to Salford.
[-] The following 2 users Like m_in_m's post:
  • Brekkie, interestednovice

I think it works with breakfast and regional news just not sure with the network news being so usually formal but let’s see.
[-] The following 1 user Likes harshy's post:
  • interestednovice

Breakfast has reported plenty of hard news stories from a sofa over the years… the main stories is often the same from Breakfast to the One/Six/Ten… whether the story so presented from a sofa, desk or stood up it doesn’t impact how the viewer considers the weight of the story or the weight of the journalist and journalism.
[-] The following 2 users Like smw's post:
  • Brekkie, Jeff

(30-05-2024, 06:36 PM)Worzel Wrote:  Patience... you've only seen one picture.

I'm pretty sure most people on here will be happy with the use of the various presentation points on screen at Monday lunchtime.

I doubt the general audience care if a few sections of the One are presented from the sofa part of the set.

Have to agree with Worzel. Wait until Monday to see what the team have done with the studio and how it looks :-)
[-] The following 13 users Like NickyS's post:
  • AndrewP, arbrax, bai4943, bkman1990, chrisherald, GMc, JamieD, LDN, Ma76, oscillon, Spencer, thePineapple, Worzel

(30-05-2024, 08:22 PM)Chud Wrote:  Wouldn’t say there was a lot of fuss. Just people having a conversation and giving their view on the new set up, which is the point of a discussion forum.
By the tone of a lot of the posts anyone would think they'd hired Hacker the Dog to present the One....
[-] The following 5 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • Critique, Jeff, Ma76, Quantum+83, xlalonce

(30-05-2024, 09:08 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  By the tone of a lot of the posts anyone would think they'd hired Hacker the Dog to present the One....
OK, now I'm annoyed that they haven't. Big Grin
[-] The following 6 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • chrisherald, fatal paper cut, House, interestednovice, Jeff, Ma76

(30-05-2024, 09:08 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  By the tone of a lot of the posts anyone would think they'd hired Hacker the Dog to present the One....

Well apparently Hacker is based in Salford and he is cheap and available at 1pm. So get him in cocker!

That's what I think! Big Grin

(30-05-2024, 07:10 PM)Alx321 Wrote:  So with Studio B now not being used until News at 6, could we finally see BBC London fully transfer into Studio B for Breakfast and News at 1?
I'd have thought they'd more likely stick to D, unless they decide to do further upgrades to that studio or gallery.

Does anyone know if the gallery equipment now in E has been rolled out to any of the other news studios in London or nations?

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 4 users Like Keith's post:
  • interestednovice, Ma76, UTVLifer, xlalonce

Due to Trump Jury verdict. News Channel UK taking WNA at 10pm. Seamless transition from London to Washington at 10pm as the context went to WNA.
[-] The following 4 users Like Mjb's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice, oscillon
Thread Closed