It seems Loaded in Paradise is the first ITVX Exclusive to get a linear broadcast. Starts next week on ITV2.
[-] The following 2 users Like eyeTV's post:
  • Happy2001, UTVLifer

(06-03-2023, 10:17 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  It seems Loaded in Paradise is the first ITVX Exclusive to get a linear broadcast. Starts next week on ITV2.
Through they have had a few programmes before it launched that debuted on ITV Hub months before getting a linear airing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newshound47's post:
  • interestednovice

Arguably reality has less value and a shelf life than premium drama and comedy.

(05-03-2023, 08:14 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  
(28-02-2023, 11:58 PM)Newshound47 Wrote:  Nolly would have done pretty well in the ratings but by the time it does appear on linear (In July or August apparently) it will underperform and I suspect it hasn’t been that highly streamed so far.
They just announced on the "Fresh List" trailer, I think it was called - that Nolly has had 2.5 million streams so far. So that's 2.5 million fewer viewers when it appears on ITV1 later this year. It will probably rate poorly on proper TV therefore, when it is eventually shown.
At the 9pm junction, they said Nolly has had "1.3 million streams" - so worse than 1st thought (must have misheard originally).  So if there are 3 episodes, it means only 2/5th of a million streams have watched the whole series. So for something that has been constantly advertised, it doesn't sound amazing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Juicy Joe's post:
  • Happy2001

Streaming as a whole is not a medium for massive viewing figures Even massive heavily publicised hits on Netflix have seemingly got less viewers than some fairly run of the mill dramas on BBC and ITV with much less publicity.

(09-03-2023, 01:07 PM)Newshound47 Wrote:  Streaming as a whole is not a medium for massive viewing figures Even massive heavily publicised hits on Netflix have seemingly got less viewers than some fairly run of the mill dramas on BBC and ITV with much less publicity.

Perhaps it's because every household can get BBC and ITV?   I expect Netflix compares very well to subscription channels like Sky Atlantic.

still good figures. I guess the subject matter would mean it won't resonate with the under 40s who didn't grow up with crossroads. I am under 40 and never watched crossroads but HBC and the TV industry link drew me in and I enjoyed it very much.

Also, Streaming is not completely 1:1, I watch it on the main TV with other people. I also watch things elsewhere by myself.

(09-03-2023, 10:58 PM)cable Wrote:  still good figures. I guess the subject matter would mean it won't resonate with the under 40s who didn't grow up with crossroads. I am under 40 and never watched crossroads but HBC and the TV industry link drew me in and I enjoyed it very much.

Also, Streaming is not completely 1:1, I watch it on the main TV with other people. I also watch things elsewhere by myself.

Too much information!!!

Maybe it was a poor choice to be streaming first being an older audience appealing drama.

It has it's own thread, but I guess this is worth noting here too. ITVX Kids launching in the autumn, and it replaces the linear CITV channel.
www.itv.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JAS84's post:
  • interestednovice