so pleased to see all 6 episodes of Unforgotten new series are available on ITV X.

(28-02-2023, 10:43 AM)Radioanorak Wrote:  so pleased to see all 6 episodes of Unforgotten new series are available on ITV X.

I was a bit disappointed by this given how well Happy Valley did with a traditional weekly release. I suppose Unforgotten isn’t quite in that same league but it’s arguably one of ITV’s biggest dramas of the year - it means they can’t build up the finale as much though. But hey, that’s their strategy.

Broadcast reporting an additional ITVX Premium benefit, Studiocanal Presents with over 400 films and series.

Given it's already available on Amazon for £4.99 that's not a bad deal at all really.
[-] The following 1 user Likes gottago's post:
  • western

I feel ITVX promotions are needlessly being rammed down our throats recently. In particular, 'Nolly' is being advertised at nearly every junction on all ITV channels. If it appeals, people will watch and a gentle ad every so often is all that is needed. No need to X-ray it on our retinas every 15 minutes. They should promote programmes on the main channels rather than what's on X.

Likewise, I agree I cannot see the point of whole series being made available on ITVX (or iPlayer) after the 1st episode. No wonder the overnight ratings aren't any good these days and no sense of anticipation for the next episode.
[-] The following 4 users Like Juicy Joe's post:
  • Brekkie, ethanjbrady, fanoftv, UTVLifer

(28-02-2023, 02:15 PM)gottago Wrote:  Broadcast reporting an additional ITVX Premium benefit, Studiocanal Presents with over 400 films and series.

Given it's already available on Amazon for £4.99 that's not a bad deal at all really.

Studiocanal have released such films as Paddington 1 and 2 as far I know. At least that’s their most popular especially on the BBC.

(28-02-2023, 03:21 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  I feel ITVX promotions are needlessly being rammed down our throats recently. In particular, 'Nolly' is being advertised at nearly every junction on all ITV channels. If it appeals, people will watch and a gentle ad every so often is all that is needed. No need to X-ray it on our retinas every 15 minutes.  They should promote programmes on the main channels rather than what's on X.

Likewise, I agree I cannot see the point of whole series being made available on ITVX (or iPlayer) after the 1st episode. No wonder the overnight ratings aren't any good these days and no sense of anticipation for the next episode.
The promotion is very off-putting, especially the constant ECPs.   They're supposed to be designed to keep people watching, not send them elsewhere.

I think at the moment it's their new toy so they'll scale back slightly on pushing it down the track.   I don't mind so much shows going up in full after the first episode (although agree certain shows should be protected for their linear airings) - it's the airing months ahead I question.    Some shows for sure, but I think the likes of Nolly and A Spy Among Friends would overall get a higher viewership if they premiered with a TV airing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • Juicy Joe

Nolly would have done pretty well in the ratings but by the time it does appear on linear (In July or August apparently) it will underperform and I suspect it hasn’t been that highly streamed so far.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newshound47's post:
  • Brekkie

(28-02-2023, 11:58 PM)Newshound47 Wrote:  Nolly would have done pretty well in the ratings but by the time it does appear on linear (In July or August apparently) it will underperform and I suspect it hasn’t been that highly streamed so far.

I’m not sure I follow your logic here. It would have done well, but now it won’t, because… it’s not been streamed by many?

People seem to be forgetting ITVX is a streaming service first, not a catch-up service. it was always the plan to drop the complete series if the 1st episode was to air on ITV1 (i.e not an ITVX exclusive). It's not a iPlayer clone.

If they are showing a lot of ITVX adverts, it's because the data backs up the need for them to do so as to drive user engagement. I guess it works with their Marketing as it would be fresh in viewers minds as afterwards its not like viewers would have umpteen other distractions!
[-] The following 2 users Like cable's post:
  • Jeff, Spencer

(01-03-2023, 01:44 AM)all new phil Wrote:  
(28-02-2023, 11:58 PM)Newshound47 Wrote:  Nolly would have done pretty well in the ratings but by the time it does appear on linear (In July or August apparently) it will underperform and I suspect it hasn’t been that highly streamed so far.

I’m not sure I follow your logic here. It would have done well, but now it won’t, because… it’s not been streamed by many?
Because people will be tired of hearing about it and they won’t promote it as much.